Des Hasler celebrates 200 games at the helm!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So you are saying Bellamy winning it will be like Muralitharan holding the Aggregate Test wickets record.

800 wickets from 44000 deliveries chucked down.

On ya Sorry!!

Quotes

"This is going to be a beauty. Shame we're not going to be talking about football." (26 August 2007)[4] – in reference to the lead-up to Manly's match against the New Zealand Warriors which the Manly side lost 36-14.

"The game is professional, the officialdom isn't." (24 May 2009)[5] – in reference to a controversial decision made in Manly's 18-17 loss to the Gold Coast Titans.

"Rugby league is a great game; it has to be to survive errors like the one two minutes from full-time." (24 May 2009)[5] – again in reference to a controversial decision made in Manly's 18-17 loss to the Gold Coast Titans.

"We were written off at the start and we've certainly been flying under the radar, I think anyway." (29 July 2009)[6] – in reference to the lead-up to Manly's match against the Wests Tigers which the Manly side lost 19-18.

"I'll personally pay for those two touchies to visit OPSM and get a check-up because I didn't know we'd reverted to gridiron - not once, but twice - at a pretty critical part of the game." (21 March 2010)[7] – in reference to a controversial decision made in Manly's 24-20 loss to the Parramatta Eels.

"He's the referees' coach? Yeah. Well I think Bill got it wrong. That's my opinion. There was clearly separation. Someone's got to referee Bill, and tell Bill. But if Bill's the referees' coach, then who tells Bill?" (16 August 2010)[8] – in reference to a controversial decision made in Manly's 32-10 loss to the St. George Illawarra Dragons.

twitchk said:
Utility Player said:
Well I didn't pick Utility Player as my forum name for nothing (was the title of Dessies book) my favorite all time player and not a bad coach to boot.

what's the book like?
Not a bad read, was written by Thomas Keneally (although not one of his bestsellers).

The leaked game plan scandal in 2005 ... when I read this stuff I thought, oh cool, we are aiming to be successful again. And Des has delivered, in spades.

On the eve of the Sea Eagles' most crucial club game in years, Hasler's pre-match address to his players contained inspiring lines like: "Losing is unacceptable and I am counting on you.

"Confidence is contagious. We will not be intimidated!" It is simply signed: "Des."

I remember a few on here wanted "Dazzler" sacked in 05/06 as he was risk averse and essentially useless. I think one of them was Byso, though he was not the only one.

He's been a great coach. Always showed a lot of loyalty to the players and now that he's built a good team we can all see what he does. I think Tooves and Crusher also deserve a rap.

Garts said:
I remember a few on here wanted "Dazzler" sacked in 05/06 as he was risk averse and essentially useless. I think one of them was Byso, though he was not the only one.

Probably around the time we were getting flogged 60+ by teams like panthers & cronulla

Even more reason why he is the best coach manly has had. With our limited budget and fairly small junior base. We have been blessed to dess to get the best out of our sides and what talented juniors we have.

Congrats to you Des. You've done a great job rebuilding our club. A legend of our club.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

It is an amazing accomplishment. Yes, he has been listed as risk averse but I couldn't be prouder of the job he has done. When the players get on the field it is up to them to successfully complete his instructions.

He is the rock on which our team is built. Congratulations on a super milestone.

Des's next big mission in life appears to be the rebuilding of Brookvale Oval - concurrent with winning about 8 premierships in a row.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8