• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He had a first grade spot at the Bunnies and played well enough to be poached by the Roosters. The signing of Dom Young to partner Tupou on the Roosters wings left him as surplus to requirements.
Damn Dom Young - the bloke gives us nightmares every game and seems to have spiders on him !!
Paulo will be a definite upgrade and may turn out a very shrewd signing in 24

I've heard very negative things about Jaxson Paulo in the past, from South's fans. Particularly, lots of errors in his game, had a shocker against the Panthers in 2022, had a bit of a Paseka problem where he didn't understand how big and strong he was, and would falter and get pushed over the sideline. In defence he had some very suspect reads, but that's pretty much the norm here now, thanks to Tui, Vaega and Saab. Roosters were doing well enough with him early last year, but once again was never the long term option. Whether he can develop further is honestly a realistic question and probably my main concern is that he's here for 3 years now. He's 24 now, he's had quite a while, and I'm very worried now that Tuipolotu is gone, that if Paulo disappoints, Garrick will have to move back to wing. Talau I haven't heard a good thing about at all from Tigers fans, to add to that. People saying "upside" doesn't make sense to me at all. Just because he's new doesn't mean he'll be better than Harper. Harper's time was up at Manly objectively, but he was good enough in his 2023 appearances. Talau hasn't shown much since being a junior.

I've heard very negative things about Jaxson Paulo in the past, from South's fans. Particularly, lots of errors in his game, had a shocker against the Panthers in 2022, had a bit of a Paseka problem where he didn't understand how big and strong he was, and would falter and get pushed over the sideline. In defence he had some very suspect reads, but that's pretty much the norm here now, thanks to Tui, Vaega and Saab. Roosters were doing well enough with him early last year, but once again was never the long term option. Whether he can develop further is honestly a realistic question and probably my main concern is that he's here for 3 years now. He's 24 now, he's had quite a while, and I'm very worried now that Tuipolotu is gone, that if Paulo disappoints, Garrick will have to move back to wing. Talau I haven't heard a good thing about at all from Tigers fans, to add to that. People saying "upside" doesn't make sense to me at all. Just because he's new doesn't mean he'll be better than Harper. Harper's time was up at Manly objectively, but he was good enough in his 2023 appearances. Talau hasn't shown much since being a junior.

You need new friends if you're hanging around Souths and Tigers fans!

Has always been our Achilles Heel, well maybe not always but certainly since our last premiership.

And I can’t help but think , regardless of what you think about Seibold , that he’s really addressed this issue in 2024.

Those let go , and those brought in ( Brooks aside ) have all been about better depth.

Because let’s face it , there have been times we’ve looked like world beaters , then we’d cop a few injuries and we instantly then looked like wannabes.

What do you reckon everyone , better depth this year or so so ???

Much better depth @Mark from Brisbane I feel that Seibold has assembled a pretty good squad for us this season. In my opinion he has done pretty well, all things considered i.e salary cap challenges

You've raised some good points. Paulos last game in that semifinal was a shocker. Paulos got it all to prove, let's all hope he hits the ground running and and be that player we all want.

Player depth is tied to salary cap management. With the exception of Easts, who can miraculously attract the sports' best talent and fit them in to a set budget without NRL scrutiny, all clubs have players in their top 30 that are being overpaid. At the end of the season we'll know whether Turbo and The Shoe have offered value for money. If both play to their potential for the majority of the season, then we'll be a top six team. If not, it will highlight that our salary cap is out of whack.

You might be right... After all, I'm not exactly sure of what they were saying about those two players, it was really hard to understand them through their lack of teeth...
Mainly Broncos up here, so I feel your pain 😂

Yeah, that's what I was thinking in my earlier posts but I wasn't sure what the issue was. And I also have doubts about Talau. Having said that, I hope they both hit their straps with us and prove me wrong.

Taking bombs or high kicks is actually one of Paulo’s strengths
Towards the end of his time at Souths & maybe also at the Roosters I saw Paulo drop some crucial passes. Maybe his confidence was down. Hopefully, he will improve in this, as has Saab since coming to Manly.

Barring injuries, I think this is probably the best squad we've had for probably the last 5 years.

The backline compares favourably to the Top 4 teams, however, it all depends on how Garrick goes at centre and the left winger, whoever that may end up being.

If Schuster plays to his obvious ability and talent, the backrow is massively talented and almost the equal of the Top 4 teams, albeit, I am not convinced about Jake at 13, unless Seibold gets him playing in a role like he used to.

I believe that Jake's best position is Prop, as do the Origin selectors. With Paseka, Aloiai, Lodge and Bullemor, Jake can drop back to 13 with rotation. And then you have Nathan Brown, who may well surprise and capture the form when he was an Origin player. One can only hope!

Jakob Arthur is one (among some others) I think will surprise most this year. He seems to have really bulked up and given his height and skills, he could be a surpise at 13. It maybe a year early, however, his defence is good, he has great hands, a good kick and is surprisingly quick over 10m, which is what you need. Almost in the Yeo mould, potentially.

Now we go to the hooker. I love Froggy, he gives his all for the team and experts continually say how much he has improved his game. His defence is impeccable, his energy is fantastic, however, does he make a difference like the leading hookers do? As much as I love Froggy's work for the team, I think by mid season Humphries and GCKT will be the hookers. Humphries has another string to his bow, as he can also cover half or 5/8 and is a good goal kicker.

I know this may be right out of left field, however, given Humphries talents, I think he could potentially be another Cam Smith. Maybe wishful thinking, but wouldn't that be a bonus! I don't have any substance to base that claim on, it's just a 'gut feeling'.

Barring injuries, I think this is probably the best squad we've had for probably the last 5 years.

The backline compares favourably to the Top 4 teams, however, it all depends on how Garrick goes at centre and the left winger, whoever that may end up being.

If Schuster plays to his obvious ability and talent, the backrow is massively talented and almost the equal of the Top 4 teams, albeit, I am not convinced about Jake at 13, unless Seibold gets him playing in a role like he used to.

I believe that Jake's best position is Prop, as do the Origin selectors. With Paseka, Aloiai, Lodge and Bullemor, Jake can drop back to 13 with rotation. And then you have Nathan Brown, who may well surprise and capture the form when he was an Origin player. One can only hope!

Jakob Arthur is one (among some others) I think will surprise most this year. He seems to have really bulked up and given his height and skills, he could be a surpise at 13. It maybe a year early, however, his defence is good, he has great hands, a good kick and is surprisingly quick over 10m, which is what you need. Almost in the Yeo mould, potentially.

Now we go to the hooker. I love Froggy, he gives his all for the team and experts continually say how much he has improved his game. His defence is impeccable, his energy is fantastic, however, does he make a difference like the leading hookers do? As much as I love Froggy's work for the team, I think by mid season Humphries and GCKT will be the hookers. Humphries has another string to his bow, as he can also cover half or 5/8 and is a good goal kicker.

I know this may be right out of left field, however, given Humphries talents, I think he could potentially be another Cam Smith. Maybe wishful thinking, but wouldn't that be a bonus! I don't have any substance to base that claim on, it's just a 'gut feeling'.
The squad is really shaping up, @rmd. I can see us shocking a lot of teams this season. All we need is more luck with injuries this season, and we could definitely finish in the top four. I feel that Seibold & Co have done exceptionally well putting the squad together.
I think Paulo is in the running for that left-winger position first-up and will play his best NRL season in 2024, outside of Garrick, who will do the same as left centre. Go Manly.

Paulo will start on left wing outside Koula. Garrick and Saab on the right. (my guess).
Seibold confirmed this (aside from who our left winger would be) on the Six Again podcast late last year, in case anyone is wondering. I also believe Garrick spent all of last year's preseason (22-23) training at right centre, but injuries, and presumably Tui's form, kept him on the left wing.

Paulo will start on left wing outside Koula. Garrick and Saab on the right. (my guess).
This is a lethal amphetamine doze of Manly backs feathered friend @SeaEagleRock8
Turbo , Paulo Koula , Garrick and Saab
Our club is loaded with more speed than any night club in Australia
The Manly club is the way to Go and get High !

Warning Speed side affects ....
Breathtaking ,Thrilling , Inspiring , Arousing , Excitable , Happy ,
and the biggest side affect is the Addiction to seeing more Manly tries

1707375476240.png

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11