Depth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
At full strength, I believe we have five additional NRL quality players:
- Lawton, Sipley, Johns, Tuipolotu and Condon

We also have three young players who are NRL ready but not yet tested:
- GCKT, Fifita, Tuitavake

That give us 25 NRL-calibre players. Is that is not enough in a long season?

The rest are probably still a season away from NRL
- Fainu, Fulton, Humphries, Myers, Vega etc

Or stop-gap players who can fill for short stints when injuries strike
- Harper, Boyle, Dias, Roache, Stuckey, Toby etc.

That’s a fair summation I gotta say.

Our depth isn’t as deep as say the Roosters , but we have some good kids coming through and I have a feeling ( if needed ) our new coaches are far more likely to get them a run than sone of those also rans you list at the bottom, although obviously some of them have also had “ some “ NRL experience.

Think Fafita should be added to the 1st team reserves tbh, Fifita, he could be anything this year.

Were also lucky we have a few players that can cover multiple positions. Weekes and Koula can play anywhere in the backline if needed. So depending on who gets injured.. we can move them around if need be. Even during midgame.

Forwards.. we have similar versatile players. I feel we have pretty decent depth.

Lawton deserves a place in the 17 on past performance
But there is pressure for spots so not sure he will.
Lawton would make a good lock forward and obviously provide cover for a number of positions. (Second row, hooker, centre, halves) However, based on Bullemores form, and the necessity to have Weekes as our utility, I also don't think there is room for him in the seventeen.

Lawton would make a good lock forward and obviously provide cover for a number of positions. (Second row, hooker, centre, halves) However, based on Bullemores form, and the necessity to have Weekes as our utility, I also don't think there is room for him in the seventeen.
That's the way I see it also, love what the Lawman brings, but he'll just have to bide his time with the Blacktown boys, keep putting in good games. Injuries seem to bite us in the arse more times than not, so it's all about nailing your opportunity when it comes along.

Although I am a tad worried about who we might lose given the competition for spots, how refreshing is it to even be having this discussion??!! In just a short time and with some minor purchases over the off season, we're talking about who may or may not be playing in several different positions. It could be argued that this was Dessies plan and that he got us to this point (and I was a fan but also lost patience) but it does seem like the fresh coaching perspective and apparent willingness to throw the doors open when it comes to seeing who can cut it and who can't, has instilled confidence in a lot of the younger players. And at the risk of getting ahead of ourselves, it has highlighted a level of depth that maybe we didn't think we had last year.

Fifita probably would have been favored ahead of Burbo , well maybe just and for a bench spot based on trial form . Not ahead of Bulemor but can also acknowledge Burbo 's ability to contribute well also . Not sure how Lawton can be rated ahead of quite a few others for a bench spot right now and with the attention on Weekes being there and Cooper Johns a viable option as well . Looked a bit thin in the 6 and 13 positions coming into the season but looking a bit better there now . Oloka - atu could well be in the frame for a Blues bench spot at the least , so will probably have to cover him as well when the rep season comes around .

Agree.

I know Lionel has been a whipping boy and has now lost his spot in the team. But still harsh.
Remember it’s not “ everyone gets a participation award “ these days , it’s dog eat dog in the world of Rugby League , and fans are pretty fickle.

He needs to shine in the Reggie’s to maybe force his way back in , or really shine if he gets an opportunity due to injuries.

In the meantime , I expect he’ll be considered a has been.

Fair , maybe not , justifiable, I’ll leave that to you.

I'd give Lawton the burbo bench spot, but Fifita could push for it as well.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7