Depression Issues for Players - warning, heavy content

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RiverEagle said:
For some time now any slight opportunity you see to take issue with me or make a snide, irrelevant comment, you try and seize it and make it fly for whatever you can.
You said I was un-Australian and un-Manly and you were sorry we supported the same team. And you wonder why I take issue with you?
I have offered a peace pipe, you have thrown it in my face, bring it on, you pompous self-righteous fraud.

Come on people, play nice. We're all Manly supporters here with a common interest in our team. Maybe if you wish to keep the personal bits going, you could please keep it to PMs or just agree to disagree over your differences :s

Jethro said:
Come on people, play nice. We're all Manly supporters here with a common interest in our team. Maybe if you wish to keep the personal bits going, you could please keep it to PMs or just agree to disagree over your differences :s
Here here. Drink beer. Go Manly!:D

SeaEagleRock8 said:
RiverEagle said:
For some time now any slight opportunity you see to take issue with me or make a snide, irrelevant comment, you try and seize it and make it fly for whatever you can.
You said I was un-Australian and un-Manly and you were sorry we supported the same team. And you wonder why I take issue with you?
I have offered a peace pipe, you have thrown it in my face, bring it on, you pompous self-righteous fraud.

At last you admit your petty bias.

But with respect to all others, I'm done here.

By all means PM me if you'd like to take that last comment further.

Why not do it here? I've made my comment, you can answer.
1385 comments in 10 weeks, don't tell me you're shy now.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
I've been avoiding watching this for sometime as depression and bipolar has struck very close too me.

Well done Footy Show (now there are words I thought I'd never type) for a brilliant and sensitive report.

And thank you Technical Coach for finally giving me insight into where your comments come from. You are a Scientologist. Pure and simple. What a relief to finally have you figured!

Scientologist lol nope don't think so but if this conclusion offers you some relief feel free to think so.

Not into cults.....

After a quick google I see there is some research to back up your view, but I warn you - if you are in the minority here you will be hammered by what's-his-name.

RiverEagle said:
Oh come on nicci...You can't possibly feel that either TC or SER8 would be bothered by our exchanges? They couldn't care less.

And as a schoolteacher I would sincerely hope you'd be far more concerned with the bunkum and disregard for mental health, specifically depression, on show.
I have posted my thoughts on mental health issues in this thread so feel free to go back and read. It's on page 2 or 3.
Also I think if you've read any of my posts since 2009 you'd realise I'm not the type of person that enjoys arguing or insulting any fellow Silvertails. I believe in treating people fairly and supporting the Manly Sea Eagles. That is all.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
After a quick google I see there is some research to back up your view, but I warn you - if you are in the minority here you will be hammered by what's-his-name.

My view on the subject is that depression is a mental disorder not a disease/illness.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/what-is-depression-if-not-a-mental-illness/000896

"One could make the argument, as many have, that because brain scans show abnormalities in certain biochemical levels within the brain when they suffer from depression or the like, this “proves” that depression is a disease. Unfortunately, research hasn’t gotten quite that far yet. The brain scans show us something, that much is true. But whether the scans show the cause or the result of depression has yet to be determined. And more tellingly, there is a body of research that shows similar changes in brain neurochemistry when people are doing all sorts of activities (such as reading, playing a video game, etc.)."

@"Technical Coach" & @Dan

The content of your discussion regarding the pop up problem have been transferred to this thread:

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Pop-Up-Problem

Jethro said:

The content of your discussion regarding the pop up problem have been transferred to this thread:

I just wanted to kill the depressing topic by popping up and hijacking the thread taking it right off track.

Mission accomplished.

I'm sorry for getting caught up here with my disagreements with RE.
And RE, I'll avoid quoting your posts in future (but of course reserve the right to comment on anything anybody writes here on this public forum).
I also apologise to innocent bystanders caught up in my angst the other nite, especially Alinda.

Technical Coach said:
Debated with myself whether i should make my views known on this topic as all it will do is probably create conflict or heated debate which is not my intention but i don't believe in depression.

I'm not going to elaborate(and i do have my reasons) why or come across as TC on a topic that is close to the hearts of many but i must admit this topic of depression really does get to me.

I wish I could express my opinion of you without being banned. Better yet I'd like to give you my opinion personally.

You're another grub who gets on here making sneaky comments to get a reaction. Complete narcissistic parasite. So caught up in your own fantasy world you believe a medically proven disease is non-existant.

Napper said:
Technical Coach said:
Debated with myself whether i should make my views known on this topic as all it will do is probably create conflict or heated debate which is not my intention but i don't believe in depression.

I'm not going to elaborate(and i do have my reasons) why or come across as TC on a topic that is close to the hearts of many but i must admit this topic of depression really does get to me.

I wish I could express my opinion of you without being banned. Better yet I'd like to give you my opinion personally.

You're another grub who gets on here making sneaky comments to get a reaction. Complete narcissistic parasite. So caught up in your own fantasy world you believe a medically proven disease is non-existant.

Couldn't agree more Napper. I have made my personal feelings on the subject and consequences of the disdain shown by two members to RE .
Makes me sick that these clowns are perpetuated Manly fans.:mad:

If mental illness is a fallacy with no medical basis as TC states, why the relationship between concussion and depressive illness as seen in the NEW? I understand correlation does not equal causation but I'm curious on TC's view here.

Technical Coach said:
Jethro said:

I just wanted to kill the depressing topic by popping up and hijacking the thread taking it right off track.

Mission accomplished.

Congratulations TC, you obviously don't rate competence as a human being as highly as you rate knowledge of football.

TC, I was actually going to say that I hope one day you could experience depression so you could get a feel for how real it is. After thinking about it, you post paragraph after paragraph every week on a Rugby League forum pretending you're a coach, that's pretty strange. These are Delusions, a symptom of mental illness, just like depression. You could have a form of mental illness. If you choose to believe it.

It's sad that this type of thread couldn't have been discussed in a more mature way without trailing off the way it did.

I've seen the tragic circumstances of depression in the real world and lived through the results in times I don't care to recall. I've seen strong men broken and quite literally killed by it.
I've lived through the heavily related anxiety disorders with people close to me, I deal with people with heavy anxiety disorders every day.

Being dismissive of something doesn't meaning does not exist, it just means you choose not to acknowledge it, it means you've never seen nor experienced it.
It still happens though, it still exists.

There was a time on this site where this sort of topic was able to be discussed both passionately and with empathy. Opinions and points were able to be expressed without fighting and without fear of prejudice.

It's quite sad that, that is currently not the case.

All this post is turning into is a slanging match which will do nothing but fan flames and cause tensions.

I regretfully have to close this thread now on a topic that I think was certainly worthy of further discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4