Denton, Lathams 'unstable'.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader

He's 'unstable'

September 16, 2005

ABC host Andrew Denton says former Labor leader Mark Latham is emotionally unstable and one of the most conflicted public figures he has ever met.

Mr Denton was speaking after the ABC won an eleventh-hour NSW Supreme Court battle for the right to screen an interview with Mr Latham which went to air last night.

In the Enough Rope interview, Mr Latham continued his venomous spray on many in Labor's ranks ahead of the release next week of his book, The Latham Diaries.

Mr Denton today said that, while he did not believe Mr Latham was mentally unfit, he did think he was emotionally unstable.

He said he was concerned that Mr Latham's insight into Australian politics might now be dismissed.

"I think he's a maddie, but that's a different thing (to being mad)," Mr Denton told ABC Radio.

"I think he's emotionally very, very unstable. I think he's a conflicted a man as I ever met in public life. As you could see last night ... (there) are massive contradictions.

"... he has some very coded relevant things to say about the dysfunctionality of politics, Labor politics in particular, and the media and politics, and I don't think they should be dismissed but I fear they will be."

I'd be interested to read the view of the Latham, Labor federal supporters. :)

I agree with Latham being unstable and may have been a disaster as PM. However, faced with the alternate ....

It is like choosing between hanging or firing squad for your execution!!!

At least you admitt he's unstable and would of been a disaster as PM. I trust you will relay this opinion on to you're students :)

I managed to see the interview last night on ABC. Latham certainly didn't hold back. It had been bought forward to be screened last night at 8.30pm , but was canned at the last minute due to an injunction with News Ltd. Then to my surprise , it came on at approx 10pm. The replay will be shown next Monday at 9.30pm ( well worth watching )

He came across as a little naive about the political process and life as a politician. It seemed to me he couldn't handle the heat and has lashed out. Maybe a little too idealistic for his own good, I don't know.

Anyway his failure doesn't mean that the little worm Howard is a success.

no just means the country is FAR better of under Howard.

A certain posters silence is deafening :)

it doesnt seem worth debating, the minute you believe politicians arent nuts the minute you should become a polly.

I dated a girl whose uncle was a polly up in the hunter region, he went nuts one day, he was walking home from the shops and thought his arms had fallen off, the next day they found him under his desk freaking out.....top bloke though :)......he was liberal

Just because its happening to the labor party, doesn't mean its not worth discussing :)

At least you admitt he's unstable and would of been a disaster as PM. I trust you will relay this opinion on to you're students :)
This is where you reveal you listen to too much Alan Jones and Piers Ackerman etc. I have never discussed with any student who I vote for and if you knew anything about kids in their teenage years you would know that this is the last thing that would influence them.

John Howard's living in the 50s, scorched earth, moronic views speak for themselves and help influence any 'thinking person' to know that he is the worst Prime Minister we have had since John Gorton and Billy McMahon.

i just said it happens to all of them....did you not see my above peose about the the liberal polly?

it doesnt seem worth debating

I was refering to this comment.

CW sorry champ I just recall some comments about you trying to discuss the i'lls of the Liberal party during election time with some students, as they were from liberal voting families etc, etc.

Parden me if I'm incorrect though.

I classify someone unstable when at no point they are willing to accept that they may have erred in any way. That is how he came across to me. It was everyone else's fault. Loser with a capital L.

no **** denton

i was brought up in a ALP background and the last election i voted conservitie for the first time and not the last

There was no way i was gonna vote for that leftie fool

I wonder how many other of us would be unstable if the following had happened to us in the last 12 months:

1. Several bouts of a debilitating illness that required hospitalisation.
2. Getting shafted from the workplace and having several trusted colleagues with blood on their hands.
3. Victim of a constant media campaign (and only people who have been in that situation know how awful that can be).
4. Cut off from mentor and most former colleagues.

At least he hasn't tried to top himself like Bogden. LAtham has shown he has more ticker than that fool.

Latham is a Rat, but he speaks the truth.

So is it true what he says about the Labor party Mata?

I know you'll read it :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4