Delmege says name your price

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan, 'business heads are what's needed'.  Really, I thought Max and the Penns were both quite successful business heads.  What are you asking for?  Oh I know, 'compliant with your view business heads'.  Now I get it.

What I find astonishing is that this article was pulled before it was printed in the Sydney edition of the Telegraph and has now also disappeared from their website.

Surely this could not be because there is no substance to the Central Coast move and therefore the story is defamatory?

It's never to late to move on Mata.  My preferred position is that harmonious relations return to the board and everybody sings of the same hymn sheet.  If, for whatever reasons, my preferred position doesn't come of in this struggle, then that's OK.  I'll still support my beloved Eagles whoever runs the board..I'm not wedded to personalities, the CEO or anyone else in control as some people on the blog seem to be, just the football team.  I'm supportive of Max as you're aware, but he doesn't run out onto Brookvale and take the ball up.  If the Penn clan get up, and we stay at Brookvale, then OK, I'm still an eagle fan.  However, for previously stated reasons, I think Peters should get of the payroll very quickly.           

DSM5 who said I was saying Penn and Delmege weren't or that either is part of the Old Boys club?

Clearly you are looking for a fight no matter the response?

My problem with Delmege is his interruption in places he shouldn't necessarily interrupt, though he hasn't done that for a while.

My problem in all of this is a vote against Mayer and seemingly a shaky vote for Des Hasler. Both of whom have been undeniably successful in their roles.

My problem with that vote, is that people put forward as representatives of the FC members have made such a poorly, or at least extremely mixed response from those they represent. Personally I am not owed an explanation, but many people are owed an explanation from these 2 board members, and its about time that one was provided by them.

By the way, being successful in business does not make you a good business head, many people have successful businesses are in that position through, luck, a good idea or hard work!

Dan link said:
My problem with that vote, is that people put forward as representatives of the FC members have made such a poorly, or at least extremely mixed response from those they represent.

This is not about what Sibraa & Deans did, it is about why the FC Board instructed them to vote in the manner in which they did. Was the FC board unanimous in their decision to vote in the manner in which they did. Hopefully these questions will be answered sooner rather than later.

Mata, surely you should be all for Zorba getting the arse. You have posted numerous times about what you think of him, especially when he conducts himself like he did recently.

Surely you should be over the moon with this?

Fluffy link said:
Mata, surely you should be all for Zorba getting the arse. You have posted numerous times about what you think of him, especially when he conducts himself like he did recently.

You'll note none of us have really disagreed with that decision.

Dan your original post at the top of this page says you really don't know what's going on.  I'm not looking for a fight with you Great Dan and I'd be saying the same thing, and all other punters are in the same boat, but I just can't stand idle while Mata's and his clique of arse suckers take pot shots at the Great Lord Max.  Then you go on  saying stuff about getting rid of the 'old boys' faction.  exactly who are you referring to?  Is this the same 'old boys' who got us to the GF last year.  Seems to me they did alright. 

DSM5 link said:
Dan your original post at the top of this page says you really don't know what's going on.  I'm not looking for a fight with you Great Dan and I'd be saying the same thing, and all other punters are in the same boat, but I just can't stand idle while Mata's and his clique of arse suckers take pot shots at the Great Lord Max.  Then you go on  saying stuff about getting rid of the 'old boys' faction.  exactly who are you referring to?  Is this the same 'old boys' who got us to the GF last year.  Seems to me they did alright. 

The old boys faction is rife within the group who are the voice of the members.

Max and Penn have nothing to do with that. I know a lot more about the situation than I am saying, but for mine, the issue is that the representation of the members have clearly gone ahead and done something for god knows what reasons, and they owe those members an explanation.

Funnily enough one of the old boys has sided with Penn!

As for Delmege, well he has done more than anyone for the club, but having money and putting in Money doesn't mean what you do for the club and the fans all the time is right, money doesn't put you above the law. I think both Penn and Delmege are being childish in all of this and think things could be handled far better than they are being handled. I also know that there are some very dangerous precedences with Delmege stepping in to make decisions he really shouldn't. I think this is one of them, the Central Coast stuff is smoke, mirrors and bull****, and used to try and disguise some other agenda, of what I have my inklings and information, but I am happy to watch it all play out

Max and Penn can do what they like with the club Dan, they own it, remember.  We can sit by and take pot shots at them all we like, but the reality is they OWN THE CANDYSHOP.  If I had some lazy millions, I'd buy into it and play with it too.  The only miniscule influence we fans can apply is through our membership of the FC.  And then it's only tiny as that place is factionalized.  I'd expect that, as you would too.  Anyway, as I've said, I'll support the footie team as I always have, and **** the board (except Max), all of them really.  It'll all settle down soon and we will come back from Engerland with the CC and win in 09.  All good.     

DSM5 link said:
Max and Penn can do what they like with the club Dan, they own it, remember.  We can sit by and take pot shots at them all we like, but the reality is they OWN THE CANDYSHOP.  If I had some lazy millions, I'd buy into it and play with it too.  The only miniscule influence we fans can apply is through our membership of the FC.  And then it's only tiny as that place is factionalized.  I'd expect that, as you would too.  Anyway, as I've said, I'll support the footie team as I always have, and F**k the board (except Max), all of them really.  It'll all settle down soon and we will come back from Engerland with the CC and win in 09.   All good.     

I dont disagree, but I think some very compelling parallels could be drawn between us and Souths, the only difference is we wont be easily knocked off from the top. But this does have some very startling similarities to Piggins.

I think monasgate really spelled out the misinformed influence that Delmege can have and again that is a topic that I know a lot more about than we published on here.

Like you say they can do whatever they want, my issues is as said, some dangerous precedences have been made and i fear we are about to see history repeating!

'Monasgate' was a nothing issue really.  And Monas brought the club much excellent publicity with his interest in the handicapped and Sophia Whatever, so he was good to have around at that time.  Made us all feel warm and fuzzy.  Piggins and Souths?  That actually does have some resonance, what with the struggle over real estate but I don't see us being schismatic.  This will all blow over when Penriff start to lose and Elliot's future takes centre stage.  Max and the Penns will kiss and make up and all will be well.  Who's going to the club to watch the CC, and what's the breakfast there like, is more the issue? 

Monasgate was a nothing issue?

You are kidding right? Manly were not going to extend his contract, it was not the way the club wanted to go. They had that money ear-marked for other players and in the final hour Delmege swooped in and offered Monas a contract, despite the people in charge of this soundly voicing the fact they did not want to retain Monas.
It had a huge impact on the club, both on and off the field and this is the dangerous precedence to which I refer. it was a huge issue and rumours around the place (yes I say Rumours, so leap on it if you will) but they say that Delmege does a bit of the old Crowe! anther souths similarity. Delmege, whilst possibly good at running a successful property business, is not a football man, and needs to really make only business related decisions. I dont feel his latest decision has been one.

The similarities between souths more refer to them figuring out that Piggins, whilst a savior was past his use by date, and moving him on.

Who knows this could all be a ruse to try and get more FC members joining up and through the door

You're probably right about that last point, I renewed, as did my little loyal troika of supporters.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=179231.msg207902#msg207902 date=1235337565]

[/quote]

You have disagreed with everything else and the silence on that issue leads most to think they agree with it - well at least while their side agrees with it.

As for Monasgate - here another view

Had monas not been kept on he would not have covered orford when injured when we won 5 from 5 at the start of 07. Had we not won 5 from 5 we would have been much further down the table and not made the grand final.

Had we not made and lost the grand fnal we would not be premiers a year later.

Food for thought.

I do recall that sweet moment at Telsta with the game gone, seconds ticking down, on our thirty metre line, Monas chipped over the line, regathered and passed to Bell (I think) and we won on the bell.  Sublime pleasure as we all went crazy with delight.  A Monas moment to remember forever.  Always good to beat those scumDogs.  He tried hard for us and had some passion.   

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179231.msg207907#msg207907 date=1235341808]
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=179231.msg207902#msg207902 date=1235337565]

[/quote]

You have disagreed with everything else and the silence on that issue leads most to think they agree with it - well at least while their side agrees with it.

As for Monasgate - here another view

Had monas not been kept on he would not have covered orford when injured when we won 5 from 5 at the start of 07. Had we not won 5 from 5 we would have been much further down the table and not made the grand final.

Had we not made and lost the grand fnal we would not be premiers a year later.

Food for thought.
[/quote]

And another view would be that other players may have stepped up to help out without monas, much like this year when we were without Orford and Lyon copped an injury. But Lyon could have covered last year too.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2