• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Discuss...

I am going to go to my first FC game in a couple of years

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

So unbelivably happy right now. Especially combined with the optimisim I already had for this season with Chippy Crook in charge. ADP is hands down the greatest signing in the history of football in the country, arguably of all sport in Australia. Never thought that I would be talking about SFC making a bigger signing than Dwight York, but here we are.

This more than makes up for the past two years of standing in quarter-full stadiums watching Sydney bumble their way around the pitch playing LavickaBall. So happy with this, it's like winning the premiership. So much love has to go out to Tony Pignata & David Traktovenko for getting this deal done, amazing.

Oh & F you Wanderers :). Great timing by SFC in regards to them, they'll struggle for any airtime this year, especially given that they'll be battling just to not get flogged by 3+ goals every game.

Can't wait to see how the Terrorgraph spins this one.

It's going to do a lot for Australian Football. Have only been to 1 Sydney FC game and will be sure to go and watch another now.

I know this is old news, but figured that this thread needed a picture of the great man.

779690-alessandro-del-piero-signing.jpg

Still seems a bit surreal to see him holding the jersey, going to be amazing seeing him against the Jest in round 2.

Wolfpack said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

So unbelivably happy right now. Especially combined with the optimisim I already had for this season with Chippy Crook in charge. ADP is hands down the greatest signing in the history of football in the country, arguably of all sport in Australia. Never thought that I would be talking about SFC making a bigger signing than Dwight York, but here we are.

This more than makes up for the past two years of standing in quarter-full stadiums watching Sydney bumble their way around the pitch playing LavickaBall. So happy with this, it's like winning the premiership. So much love has to go out to Tony Pignata & David Traktovenko for getting this deal done, amazing.

Oh & F you Wanderers :). Great timing by SFC in regards to them, they'll struggle for any airtime this year, especially given that they'll be battling just to not get flogged by 3+ goals every game.

Ha ha ha ha funniest thread ever wolfpack considering it's the other way round unfortunately i'm a sydney fc fan also.They are all the hype at the moment mate.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Wolfpack said:

Ha ha ha ha funniest thread ever wolfpack considering it's the other way round unfortunately i'm a sydney fc fan also.They are all the hype at the moment mate.

Yeeeep, was wondering when someone would bring this back to bite me in the ass, haha.

Have to say though, apart from the jab at the Wandertards (& lets be honest, those spineless turncoats deserve all they get) I think my post was fairly spot on. The majority of our team has been utterly gash, but we've had some really class moments this year. The buzz from actually getting to watch ADP live & up close still hasn't gone away either. Cove has been brilliant this year, it's back to what it was like back in 2005 & 2009, great noise, great tifos & really well co-ordinated. Pleasure to be involved with it all.

Our season isn't over yet either, still holding out hope that we can make the finals! (Even though we have no right to be there). Like the signings of Joel Griffiths & Lucas Neill. J.Griff has been pretty good for us so far, the consistent #9 we've always wanted but never had & Neill has looked promising so far. Emerton has been my biggest disappointment this year. Gave him a pass last year given his ankle injury & time to acclimatise to the league, but he's been worse this year. I think he's done, unfortunately.

I'd like to see us do away with playing wingers all together. I've already given my thoughts on Emmo & we really don't have anyone that can play effectively on the left. Chianese & Grant are the best suited to the role, but neither are terrible effective there & can better serve the team in other spots. Just to throw something out there, I'd like to see us line up something like this;

Chianese---ADP---J.Griffiths
---------------------------
-----Antonis---Triantis-----
---------McFlynn----------
Grant--Neill--A.Griffiths--Ryall

With ADP dropping a bit deeper at times, playing the trequartista role. Chianes & J.Griff playing split, dropping down the wings as required. Antonis is pretty flimsy, but Triantis & McFlynn together makes us pretty staunch in the middle of the park, with Antonis making up for the lack of technical ability. Still suss on that backline, but I think it's making the best of a bad bunch. Grant & Griffiths shouldn't be there (for different reasons) but we don't have much else unfortunately.

P.S. Watching Fabio & Tiago attempt to play football is enough to make a grown man cry. Crime against humanity.

I support the Wanderers, I been to 3 Sydney FC games prior but never really connected, I just ended up just following my local Bonnyrigg White Eagles in the state league. When Wanderers were announced bought me membership ASAP. I bought it with being content that if we finish 2nd last it would be a success , so anything but last position. I dont know how or cant explain why, on paper I don't think we have the best roster, but they are first. We'll see how they go when they start losing i guess , you then see the real supporters, but Ill tell you what, there is a massive , massive fan base here, even though they avg about 12-13 K a game, there is at least another that manay that follow them that dont attend. If they end up winning I give it 3-4 years and they will have the most members in the comp. Imagine a Syd FC and WSW Grand Final!!! I reckon the game would sell out in 2 days and Australia will never ever experience anything like the atmopshere both those club would bring.

What an amazing year for the A-League. This man is pivotal to that success.

Even though I think that it should be finished before the winter footy codes start, it has come a long way in the past couple of years, both in on field product and off field support.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4