• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Come on. Its pretty simple. Hasler coached sides are renowned for defence. Knowing where you need to be as a defender and aiming up.
A. The current team minus players out just haven't had the time to gain the trust needed on your inside man.
B. For all the upside young attacking players bring Defence against hardened FG players is a big step up.
C. Turbo - this guy now simply holds the defence together with his natural ability. His pace covers the inside defenders when they jam up. His talk organisers the line in front. His play awareness puts home in the right position 99% of the time.

Loved the fact so many young players got a run tonight but sort of shows why a coach sticks with guys he thinks can do a job.

FUNA looks a great runner but he's all over the shop in defence. Parker ended up out on the wing which is disaster up against DN.

I found our defence coach.

tumblr_nj6jtzPmRJ1un0o9do1_1280.jpg

We don’t need a defensive coach because in Des we trust - we only conceded 35.3 points per game in our last 6 games and lost every game !!! Maybe a message there ?

Our defence frankly is pathetic at the moment. Their first try again the obvious play, our winger is not in the same post code as the inevitable kick. The second try, the guy beats four guys really poor. Their try that got them within 2 points, we had half a dozen chances to shut that down and we were feeble in our efforts and they got the try that gave them all the momentum. Too many arm grabbers and from watching the game by the side line it was evident how low our fitness was compared to the Tigpies.

Injuries and fitness is donny at fault its his job to have the team fit and ready and they werent..you have to be fit to defend and we cant

Between Cartwright, Matt balin, and Steve hales, they have all combined won probably 40 games out of 300 as coaches.
There is no brains on that box at all.

Id like to see the walker brothers given a chance as assistants...something a little diffferent

All the players we have used can tackle, the problem is teamwork, which is crucial to our defence. Having a rookie at the back who may or may not be able to count, or talk, makes it harder. Having the backs constantly changed due to mid-game injuries doesn't help. Putting in rookies who haven't even been able to play lower grade doesn't help either.
So overall, a disaster!
But we aren't lacking in talent. I know all the players train for the same defence system, so I guess we either need to train harder at it. Or if our players are too dumb to get it right, maybe we need a simpler system.

• 👍
Reactions: Kez

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8