Dear Peter V'landys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm pretty sure the amount "signed" for is the total of cap plus TPA's. This is why TPA's must be revealed to the NRL.

Gifty' must not have had sufficient TPA money to bring the total of what we offered him plus TPA's up to what the NRL viewed as his market value.

Hayne's claimed cap hit for the Squeels was 500k but his market value was supposedly 1M...he must have had a TPA in the region of 500k.

Edit:
If TPA's are not counted for something by the NRL then there is absolutely no reason for the NRL to know about them...is there.
Well, the published report on what each club is receiving in TPA's makes the above post even more corrupt and ludicrous. (If it were accurate.) You can check out the TPA values easily enough.

The rule was brought in to stop clubs from signing players for say 200k when another club is prepared to pay them 500k.

What do the NRL media mean exactly - when they say that player X is prepared to take less money to play at the Roosters? It reads black and white to me.

The subterfuge around these issues is what enables the inconsistency to be accepted. Fans presume it's too hard to figure out, or they blindly accept the spin that gets spun.

Your vision for expansion fails to address the following inconsistencies.

-Why was Greg Inglis medically retired?
-Why was there no investigation into Tevita Pangai Junior's claim regarding the Broncos salary cap?
-Why was Matt Moylan's TPA allowed to be transferred to James Maloney?
-Why was Anthony Watmough medically retired despite the insurance company refusing to pay out his contract?
-Why did the Eels escape any sanction to their salary cap? After all, making false invoices is an actual crime.
-Why aren't the Rabbits being investigated for the cover-up allegations regarding Sam Burgess?
-Why were the Tigers crippled with a 375k sanction to their cap for two seasons?
-Why were Manly crippled with a 375k sanction to their cap for two seasons?
-How does the Market Value rule work?
-How do Roosters players (and other players with certain clubs) get around the rule in order to play for unders?
-Is Joseph Suuali still the highest-paid junior in NRL history? (There's that pesky Market Value rule again.)
-Why was Glen Stewart forced to sign with the Rabbits?
-Why were Brett Stewart and Steve Matai denied medical retirement?
-How do third party deals work?
-How did the Roosters have 400k to sign SBW last season?
-What is the market value for an All Black champion halfback?
-Do you think all clubs are salary cap compliant?
-How did Slater beat that shoulder charge?
-Can Manly have a testimonial game for DCE?
-Will you approve Jake Friend's medical retirement?
-Is consistency overrated?
-Do you play golf?

There are many more questions, but I figure this is a good start.

In fairness to Peter V'landys, I don't believe he was involved when most of those took place but would be nice to get some clarification around it and see guidelines put into place.

edit: 2018 story...
I remember this. According to it the Rorters top 30 were only being paid the cap money plus @100k ...if anyone believes this they are a huge target for bridge-sellers.

Well, the published report on what each club is receiving in TPA's makes the above post even more corrupt and ludicrous. (If it were accurate.) You can check out the TPA values easily enough.
Please explain which part of my post is ludicrous.

Do you think TPA's are not counted by the NRL as being part of a player's earnings and therefore levied towards a players market value?

If TPA's are not viewed by the NRL as being a part of a player's "salary" and "market value" then why do they have to be revealed as they would be non-consequential?

In fairness to Peter V'landys, I don't believe he was involved when most of those took place but would be nice to get some clarification around it and see guidelines put into place.

If V'landys is as smart as he wants us all to believe you would think he would be aware of public concerns over T.P.A's, cap breaches and player values but either he considers the job of correcting these problem areas too difficult or he believes we're all that bloody stupid or insignificant to his long term plans that it doesn't matter

The rule was brought in to stop clubs from signing players for say 200k when another club is prepared to pay them 500k.
Which "rule" is that matey?

I can't remember seeing any rules limiting the amount of TPA's a club can have.

Here is an exerp from the article containing the list that was posted.

"For example if two clubs flagged letters of offer to the NRL for a player that were around $700,000, and the player instead accepted a deal at a third club worth just $500,000 with no registered TPAs, that would present a red flag".

Does this not prove that the NRL counts TPA's as part of a player's contract and their market value?

Please explain which part of my post is ludicrous.

Do you think TPA's are not counted by the NRL as being part of a player's earnings and therefore levied towards a players market value?

If TPA's are not viewed by the NRL as being a part of a player's "salary" and "market value" then why do they have to be revealed as they would be non-consequential?
No, I'm stating that the mediation of TPA's, medical retirements, and the "Market Value" rule is completely biased at best, if not entirely corrupt.

Your "Bridge Sellers" argument only adds credence to the supposition that the system is broken.

If V'landys is as smart as he wants us all to believe you would think he would be aware of public concerns over T.P.A's, cap breaches and player values but either he considers the job of correcting these problem areas too difficult or he believes we're all that bloody stupid or insignificant to his long term plans that it doesn't matter
You would think so.

Which "rule" is that matey?

I can't remember seeing any rules limiting the amount of TPA's a club can have.

Here is an exerp from the article containing the list that was posted.

"For example if two clubs flagged letters of offer to the NRL for a player that were around $700,000, and the player instead accepted a deal at a third club worth just $500,000 with no registered TPAs, that would present a red flag".

Does this not prove that the NRL counts TPA's as part of a player's contract and their market value?
Matey? Righto, cheers pal. So, are you saying that the TPA figures released to the media are actually way off? I agree.

Which poses the question. Why did the NRL release those TPA figures?

In any case, if you choose to believe everything is above board, happy days!

I don't think it is that simple for him to change the rules as the 16 clubs would need to vote on the changes. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong

I agree with most of what you have pointed out but I also believe that V'landy's has no hidden agenda. I think what he does is done with a genuine betterment of the game.

His response to these issues was that clubs need to get better at managing their cap.

Thanks for the wisdom Peter - that's a real snake eating it's own tail solution.

The Sharks copped the salary cap restrictions not the Tigers, but the point remains.

The Tigpies copped virtually the same salary cap sanctions over 2 years that Manly did for our alleged breach of TPA guidelines. Funny thing was I believe it was because they offered Robbie Farah an ambassador role with the club post his playing retirement, yet virtually that same deal was offered by Souths and the league to Greg 1nglis and they got no penalty.....

That Moylan / Maloney TPA thing was a joke. At the very time Manly were being "investigated" for TPA rule breaches, James Maloney goes on Ch.9 (the Thursday night Footy Show) and states that the Panthers were negotiating with Keno to have their TPA transferred from Moylan to himself after the two had basically swapped clubs. Yet not one thing was ever done about Penrith quite obviously not being at arms length in TPA dealings or the fact that TPA's themselves are not supposed to be tied to whichever club a player is at (i.e. the Keno TPA should have followed Moylan to Cronulla, but it was seemingly based only on playing for Penrith). I guess living in Sydney's west where both Aussie rules and soccer are creeping in gives some clubs special dispensation to break the rules.

Maybe we should get the Swans to play a few games at Manly Oval or the Mariners and Sydney FC to frequent Brookvale.....

I'm pretty sure the amount "signed" for is the total of cap plus TPA's. This is why TPA's must be revealed to the NRL.

I'd love to know for sure because if it is as you say, that means at some point the 3 parties (club, player & his manager, third party) have gotten together to agree to the amount signed for.

This is where I'm fascinated by the logistics of such a scenario - does the club offer a player say $500k per season & tell them "if you want more you & your manager have to find a TPP unrelated to the club"?

The player & his manager then find & negotiate a TPP with an unrelated party for say $250k per season.

Then the player & his manager go back to the club, tell them of the TPP & the club draws up a contract for $750k per season?

At some stage the 3 parties would all have to sign the contract to make it legally binding, so that's where I get suspicious of the whole "arms length" requirement of the NRL.

The above scenario withstanding, what if another club offers the same player $750k per season?

Matey? Righto, cheers pal. So, are you saying that the TPA figures released to the media are actually way off? I agree.

Which poses the question. Why did the NRL release those TPA figures?

In any case, if you choose to believe everything is above board, happy days!
Matey was mean't to be friendly...buddy.

I can't imagine why they released those figures unless it was to show the public that they know some teams really are cheating.

I believe it is as crooked as a dog's hind leg.

Your vision for expansion fails to address the following inconsistencies.

-Why was Greg Inglis medically retired?
-Why was there no investigation into Tevita Pangai Junior's claim regarding the Broncos salary cap?
-Why was Matt Moylan's TPA allowed to be transferred to James Maloney?
-Why was Anthony Watmough medically retired despite the insurance company refusing to pay out his contract?
-Why did the Eels escape any sanction to their salary cap? After all, making false invoices is an actual crime.
-Why aren't the Rabbits being investigated for the cover-up allegations regarding Sam Burgess?
-Why were the Tigers crippled with a 375k sanction to their cap for two seasons?
-Why were Manly crippled with a 375k sanction to their cap for two seasons?
-How does the Market Value rule work?
-How do Roosters players (and other players with certain clubs) get around the rule in order to play for unders?
-Is Joseph Suuali still the highest-paid junior in NRL history? (There's that pesky Market Value rule again.)
-Why was Glen Stewart forced to sign with the Rabbits?
-Why were Brett Stewart and Steve Matai denied medical retirement?
-How do third party deals work?
-How did the Roosters have 400k to sign SBW last season?
-What is the market value for an All Black champion halfback?
-Do you think all clubs are salary cap compliant?
-How did Slater beat that shoulder charge?
-Can Manly have a testimonial game for DCE?
-Will you approve Jake Friend's medical retirement?
-Is consistency overrated?
-Do you play golf?

There are many more questions, but I figure this is a good start.
outstanding questions KW777 ,I guess PVL would answer alot of those with "before my time champ ! ,so you will have to ask the man I sacked , arguably the worst example of grubbery , skulduggery , vicious vindictiveness ,foaming at the mouth hatred and total ineptitude that was Z grade CEO and serial star f%$*^ker and lick spittle Turd Greenk?nt"

Good luck getting any straight answers out of that top shelf, 24 carat ,7th dan black belt f/wit,,, who by the way is too busy f*%$#ing up cricket Australia to answer your probing and clear thinking questions .
Goodwork 777

I don't think it is that simple for him to change the rules as the 16 clubs would need to vote on the changes. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong
You're probably right but given the concerns from all over the rugby league spectrum wouldn't you think he'd be canvassing the 16 CEO's for a way forward to clear the air on this issue, he risks driving disenchanted fans into the arms of sports that are seen to be looking after the interests of all clubs involved and not just the select few IMO

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8