Dear BA or Cherry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His behaviour warrants criticism. As one of the top 3 paid players in the game, he just can't have off games. Thurstons worst isnt that much different to his best. He's consistent...yet paid heaps less.

Bare In mind, we are one solitary win from three. We got shutout in last years finals, and won 15% of our 8 leading games to that point (nnot to mention our embarrassment in the trials and nines).

He's not stealing us enough games for the tribulation he has put the club through.

Over promise, and under deliver comes to mind.

How are the Cowboys going ?? 0 from 3 !! Thurston is hardly Mr Consistent and he has one of the best packs in the comp in front of him. And let's not confuse DCE's salary this year with what the Titans are willing to pay him. DCE isn't currently in the top 3 paid players, probably not even in the top 10. And there is no way known that Thurston is paid "heaps less" than him, this year OR next....

It's going to be a long year for you if you are going to agonise over every error or lacklustre game he has. Consistency has never been his strong suit, he can tear a game apart like last week, and then have an ordinary performance. I'm fine with people criticising him if he deserves it (tonight for example) my issue is the inference that the guy isn't putting in. I think he is.

No doubt Chez is putting in. Tried too hard with Killer and Foz missing and that happens sometimes. But wait, it is easier to grab a rope and find a tree.

Just on the cowboys, what is going on? They have the best half in the world and have been disappointing year after year. Is this what happens when you lump a huge amount of money in one player, or is this a loser culture coming into play we see at the Sharks, Eels and Warriors?

No doubt Chez is putting in. Tried too hard with Killer and Foz missing and that happens sometimes. But wait, it is easier to grab a rope and find a tree.
No rope mate, just criticism. And much deserved as well.
We were in the game on the back of our forwards, we needed our half to stand the **** up. He didn't. Full stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... So, DCE just returned to the normal level of performance we've come to be accustomed to and yet some still want to hang onto the glory of that one game in ten last week. Effort is there, but I would expect a little more from someone demanding the hype and dollars that he is.

I expect we will see a triumphant announcement this week from Kelly how we have signed up Horo to a new five year deal to play out his days as an eagle.

Apart from Horo our forwards were great. I thought Evans tried hard, but you have to remember that our backline for much of the game was full of makeshift forwards. We were missing Lyon, Foran, Tafua, Matai and Williame injured . . .
We should be praising their efforts. Three tries all, and we had a fourth disallowed. A moral victory. Sometimes the better team loses.

Cherry didn't play great but he had his moments and didn't lose us the game.
I though Horo might make more of his chance but he was ****. He brought nothing to the team and cost us dearly.
With such a monstrous injury toll I'm super proud of our team. We should've won, such a shame we didn't.

Last week it was all about how Kelly had stuffed up, DCE is the future, throw any amount of money at him so long as the dog Foz is gone. Then what? After tonight it is lynch the bugger is what I am seeing. Totes whatevs.

Not all of us, Backer. I have never agreed, and still think trying to retain DCE is wrong. Not just bcos of the dollar figure vs value, but more concerned about the mercenary attitude suggested by all that's gone down (and I say that with the proviso that I could be wrong and that DCE was simply not wanted and told to move on by new management). I want players who WANT to be here above purely financial concerns.

Last week it was all about how Kelly had stuffed up, DCE is the future, throw any amount of money at him so long as the dog Foz is gone. Then what? After tonight it is lynch the bugger is what I am seeing. Totes whatevs.

Just remember two more weeks until hasson is back....how funny will it be if he replaces Jake T...

chez has more on his mind for 2016, proof is in the poaching of players now to the GC, NRL has used him as the magnet to lure potential players even whilst he is with us. Little pr**k, ive lost all repsect for both our halves, in fact they should be called 1/8ths not halves.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Manly have never won the Comp when losing at home sorry to be so serious but they should have won that game, but threw it away with poor attacking options despite the refs should have won that game, wow season over.

Annnnnnnnnd there's the spoiler about broncs v cows.

When when when will I ever learn not to look at any s'tails threads until I've seen the games? Such random placement of other results gets me every time! Argh!

imadoofus

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4