Dean Whare- Man of the Match today in Toyota Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
wonderful effort from this try scoring machine, has unbelievable footwork, bit like benji stuff and really can find the try line. Not ready for nrl yet but surely may get a look in in 2011! Hit a 2nd rower with a cracker of a tackle, he ain't big but has that something special. I mentioned him in a matthews game a few years ago for Saints, interesting how he goes.

Top game against Sharks by Manly! Real hard slog, standouts were centre Davey, Half Riccardi, lock Hawkins, 2nd row Jowett.

Lama Tasi just kills them and has to be signed up long term, he plays nearly all game for front rower, hooker higgins made some great runs and passes.
Commentator reckons we have some stars in toyota cup team!!

We certainly have some stars. Lots of credit to Dave Penna too who has done a fantastic job to build these teams and keep rebuilding them and discovering very, very talented kids. He's got to start getting some raps.

Whare was known as a speedster when he came to Manly. Looks to me like we've given him some size... He works hard for every metre, used strength and footwork to get his try and as you noted he can put a shot on (on Luke O'Donnell's little brother no less!).

I've got a lot of time for Jowett as well. He's coming along nicely after suffering his fair share of injuries in the past few seasons.

He has been out injured and only came in on Sunday yet still got man of the match. How about his footwork!! It's mad and I haven't seen his type of attack in a while, he just offers something so different, you sit up when he gets the ball, shame he isn't bit bigger but that tackle on that 2nd rower showed he ain't scared. When you look at Hoppa, Whare and even Davey for next year 2011 Des has some interesting times coming up. What does he do, he has Lyon, Brett, Matai, Foran and Hokko??

I reckon they may let Perry go with Tasi coming thru, props still are King, Kite, Rose, Cross, and Tasi.

When everybody was talking up young Hoppa after the match against Parra I turned to my brother and said that Whare was the one that impressed me. He has footwork, which seems to pretty rare these days. I would like to see him in a bit of space, one on one with an opposing fullback. People are comparing footwork to Benji but I reckon he is more Michael Jennings.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8