Dean Ritchie blog

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
Surprised the board hasn't pulled Ritchie into line yet over his comments

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/nrlexperts/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/can_des_hasler_win_a_comp_with_the_bulldogs/

Dear Dean,

Is it true that every time you make an anti manly comment and make up a story you eat a cookie, cause you are one fat .......

Manly won’t go anywhere while Bob Reilly remains on the board and David Perry is COO. Reilly refuses to stand down. Funny how everyone else has been punted or walked away yet the seven board members who stuffed up have stayed. The fans deserve better. 

Dean Ritchie
Mon 14 Nov 11 (11:28am)

Manly will be okay in the short-term. Maybe in another few years, they might fall away. No side can keep making finals year after year like Manly has since 2005.

Dean Ritchie
Mon 14 Nov 11 (11:52am)

As I said before Gavin, how the hell can the board survive this after all the damage and drama that’s been caused? Surely a couple of directors MUST step down. It stinks. 

Dean Ritchie
Mon 14 Nov 11 (12:00pm)

In the end, it will up the brothers. Whatever they do, it will be as a package. They are upset at the treatment of Hasler and Peter Peters. There is a link to the Dragons too, given the club trains in Wollongong. There are a lot of hurdles to jump but it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they leave.

Dean Ritchie
Mon 14 Nov 11 (12:03pm)

lol, so the Stewart brothers are reportedly unhappy at Manly for not giving in to Des' salary demands... and pissed at the club for getting rid of Zorba (even though Des told the then CEO that he was useless)?
Keep going Dean. It's almost starting to become amusing.

Anyone notice after the Des's press conference how pally Des & Ritchie were - they sought each other out. They do appear to be working in concert at the moment...observation only

Dean is 100% correct about the board too

Ritchie has a Vendetta against the board, because they refuse to speak with him or give him any comments....I doubt he'd go for defamation though....but seriously everyone...why listen to the garbage.

We know he's been drip fed by Des and Co for a month now and it's just "another day and another go at Manly and their board"

I don't know about you BUT I am well and truly over it!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ritchie has a Vendetta against the board, because they refuse to speak with him or give him any comments....I doubt he'd go for defamation though....but seriously everyone...why listen to the garbage.

We know he's been drip fed by Des and Co for a month now and it's just "another day and another go at Manly and their board"

C'mon mark you are smarter than that.

Something isn't right at Manly and you would be a fool to think otherwise

To be honest, I think Dean Ritchie has been one of the more positive writers about our club the last few years, especially at the telegraph. Perhaps that was through his connection with Zorba. He practically gave Ox his Dally M medal in 08.

I've said it numerous times. It's amazing how our opinion of a journalist depends on if we like what they say about us.

voicefromthehill said:
Anyone notice after the Des's press conference how pally Des & Ritchie were - they sought each other out. They do appear to be working in concert at the moment...observation only

Hope he spends a lot more time there with him

Daniel said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Yes I like to think I am pretty smart Dan, not a "smart arse" but smart, and I would not make those comments without knowing a bit more than what I read in the paper!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Daniel said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Yes I like to think I am pretty smart Dan, not a "smart arse" but smart, and I would not make those comments without knowing a bit more than what I read in the paper!!

I think it is fair to say that we are both privvy to information not published in the papers, it comes down to whether you believe your sources side of the story or not.

I have heard both sides of the story and have had the PR treatment version. Each side doesn't match the other, not even close. I tend to believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I also believe that if no change comes out of this then we are doomed.

bones said:
Daniel said:

You forgot the IMO at the end.

Volley said:
Daniel said:

Dean "Zorba" Ritchie.

It's so obvious the connection between the two.

WAMF said:
Daniel said:

How can you pay if you don't have the money?

What I meant is that, he is right that something needs to change at the board level and someone needs to fall on their sword. Who that is doesn't matter.

However imagine the effect of not changing things. Who in their right mind would come to the club with all these publicised problems at the board level, that have never been resolved and the same thing going on.

Whether something is going on or not, it is a simple PR event.

If things don't change then you can kiss goodbye to any success for a long time.

Daniel said:
What I meant is that, he is right that something needs to change at the board level and someone needs to fall on their sword. Who that is doesn't matter.

However imagine the effect of not changing things. Who in their right mind would come to the club with all these publicised problems at the board level, that have never been resolved and the same thing going on.

Whether something is going on or not, it is a simple PR event.

If things don't change then you can kiss goodbye to any success for a long time.

You're speaking far too much sense Dan. Stand by to be told you can't express an opinion because you're the owner of the site.

Ritchie is entitled to his opinion of the Board. It is certainly a widely-held one with plenty of support on this forum.

What I don't like is that he seems to be on a crusade to remove the Manly Board.

There are two sides to every story and this is no different. Ritchie's response to every discussion on Des is "blame the Board". That approach is biased, simplistic and unprofessional.

Then again, this newspaper takes the same approach to remove governments (and is usually successful), so it would not be fair to expect the RL journos to have higher standards of professionalism than its other journos.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4