DCE vs England ... Good signs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
When the game was there for the taing DCE stepped up. Looks like he's getting over his injuries and a great sign.

I thought he was average for most of the game, and caught out in D a few times. If anything, he was outplayed by Ben Hunt who really shifted the momentum for the Aussies when he came on. The DCE play was nice, but he only went through because the England hooker was concussed in the line.

Snake said:
I thought he was average for most of the game, and caught out in D a few times. If anything, he was outplayed by Ben Hunt who really shifted the momentum for the Aussies when he came on. The DCE play was nice, but he only went through because the England hooker was concussed in the line.

Is that you Choc?
Did you also not see his pass to bird that set up the first try?

http://www.nrl.com/smith-guides-dce-to-the-next-level/tabid/10874/newsid/82852/default.aspx

Much of the build-up to Sunday’s Test centred around the fitness of Cherry-Evans, who was battling a hip injury that restricted him to just 30 minutes in last week’s loss to the Kiwis.

But that was a forgotten memory come game time as the Manly halfback played a vital hand in two of the Kangaroos’ three tries, including an assist to Greg Inglis for the match-winner.

"Hand on the ball, Daly" Penalty!

Where'd this ****e come from. Cherry was always a clean player, similar to Foz, Cronk & Johnston. Laying in tackles, trying to get the upper hand by cheap tactics?

This is not the Manly half!
Is he rooming with Greg Bird?

C'mon Daly. You're better than this. Get that ****e out of your game!

How much prep must the refs to to know by name each of the 34 players in a match they are controlling. I hate this familarity. Get back to the old "Number 7, come 'here sunshine. You're nicked!"

lismore_fan said:
"Hand on the ball, Daly" Penalty!

Where'd this ****e come from. Cherry was always a clean player, similar to Foz, Cronk & Johnston. Laying in tackles, trying to get the upper hand by cheap tactics?

This is not the Manly half!
Is he rooming with Greg Bird?

C'mon Daly. You're better than this. Get that ****e out of your game!

I agree. Pushed the envelope a little and gave away the first sloppy penalty I think I've ever seen him concede. However, I loved the altercation with Tomkins late in that match. True passion and pride in the jersey and didn't take a backwards step. Think he fired up and his defence intensity lifted greatly after that. Tomkins was whinging and niggling all day and it backfired.

I honestly think that that second half performance was that jolt of confidence he needed after being thrown in the deep end and struggling during origin. I think the sky's the limit from now on and we will see more DCE attacking brilliance for the remainder of this tournament and into next year for us.

@Bomack 44. Are you serious ?.. Watch that play carefully, the dummy, put the centre in two minds, sliced through the hooker, then palmed off the centre and in one motion looked on the inside to find GI. Great grea play in the pressure moments. Also put Bird through a gap for first try.

Beaver boy said:
@Bomack 44. Are you serious ?.. Watch that play carefully, the dummy, put the centre in two minds, sliced through the hooker, then palmed off the centre and in one motion looked on the inside to find GI. Great grea play in the pressure moments. Also put Bird through a gap for first try.

Bomack agreed with you. It was snake who disagreed.

I watched it again, and it was a nice piece of play, as was the dummy and inside ball for Bird. If anything, I was most impressed by the aggression he showed in defence in the second half.

Maybe I expect too much from him sometimes because of the way he dominated at the back end of 2013. Like the rest of you, I hope it's a sign of things to come.

He is still feeling his way. Smith has been playing with Cronk for how long now.. Just look at origin and Cronk gets way more ball than Thurston.

Once he feels he belongs..

His defense was awesome though, first man in on the kick chase every time shows he was trying his guts out..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6