DCE v Liam Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very tough on DCE kicking game.  I think he's potentially got one of the better ones in the league.  He just didn't get the bounce of the ball last night and was only a roll or two from being pinpoint.  Could it have made a difference if a few didn't go dead and stayed in goal?  Absolutely but was it why we lost last night.  No way.  

IMO from what I've seen in 4 games in the top flight, DCE kicking game is as good as, and probably better than Hodkinson.

Unfortunately Liam Foran has been at a number of clubs and has never been seen as a 1st grader. He has been at the Warriors, roosters, storm and fail to gain a permanent spot in the top grade.

ManlyBacker link said:
Fair enough Garts

And Cambo, call me a c*ck smoker again and I'll steal your beer :)
Ok, bears was too harsh but I have seen their toothless rabble in the bottom room of Norths Leagues after a game and maybe, just maybe, you were sounding like them. :p
dood i wasnt refering to you buddy it was the other tosspot :)

I knew this criticism was going to happen, probably not quite so early in the season however. The reason I suspected it was because the expectations and wraps that a lot of people have been posting before DCE played 1 NRL match have been ridiculous and therefore the  bar has been set way too high.

Forget about calling for his head. The coaching staff are too experienced for this. The chances of Liam Foran replacing DCE before round 12 is a MULLION to 1

swoop link said:
Unfortunately Liam Foran has been at a number of clubs and has never been seen as a 1st grader. He has been at the Warriors, roosters, storm and fail to gain a permanent spot in the top grade.

Yep.  All we've done really is through him a bone.  He's not in our top 25.  If anything happened to DCE, the pecking order would probably be Foran to 7 and Lyon to 6 and then Riccardi.

Four games in and some of you are crucifying DCE.  He was good on Saturday night.  He wasn't the reason we lost.  Look towards our outside backs and the likes of Kite.  No go forward for him.  He prefers to run sideways these days and get the old backing into tackles routine out of his bag.  We lost last night because of inexperience, a couple of mistakes and poor options from a coupe who should know better.  DCE was good.  He's young and will learn from that game.  Get off his back.

Souths did their homework & put a lot of pressure on the kid. He will gain experience from that and Id say will adjust and have a stronger game next week. He was very good the two weeks before.

I got howled down when I suggested DCE needed to do some more work to become a strong first grader. I reckon he has a lot of potential and is worth sticking with and will improve with time.

Couldn't disagree more with your assessment on dce. Hes a gun!His kicking game is great.The other week commentators we complementing on how good his kicking game was!Ur allowed to have an off night. Young players, especially halves are going to have their ups and downs,u just have to be pateint.If ur not patient ul end up a rabble like parra! Id like if you could name me any halfback thats come into 1st grade after 4 games and dominated.Not too many i bet.

Greg choice link said:
[quote author=Copa Eagle link=topic=187257.msg329751#msg329751 date=1301697944]
its enough to bag him on this site, but to see him walk out of the sheds lastnight with his head hanging low and then turn to his gf and say it wasnt my night with tears in his eyes is enough for me, this kid is our future, im with him all the way, i thought we showed heart to even come back !
Oh please let me get out the violin, this is the guy that has been talked up by the rose glasses brigade as a potential star. He is at best a hack no better or no worse then sandow, and to all the excuse makers saying this is his 4th game he is playing first grade he is not doing an apprenticeship he did that last year. 3 year contract on this goose
[/quote]
get off your high horse mate, suck it up, either way hes going to be the future of manly weather you like it or not, hes kicking game was a bit down lastnight, but im not blaming him for the loss, and im still extremely impressed with our comeback, it shows we have it in us this year !

DSM5 link said:
Four games in and some of you are crucifying DCE.  He was good on Saturday night.  He wasn't the reason we lost.  Look towards our outside backs and the likes of Kite.  No go forward for him.  He prefers to run sideways these days and get the old backing into tackles routine out of his bag.  We lost last night because of inexperience, a couple of mistakes and poor options from a coupe who should know better.  DCE was good.  He's young and will learn from that game.  Get off his back.

Agree 100%

Greg why dont you take your violin and play it elsewhere champ.You cant seriously call yourself a manly supporter by bagging our young players like dce and foran. Maybe you should suck it up and follow someone else like parra, they love bagging their own! Youd fit in well there.Toodles...

Give him a break. DCE has had a very solid start to his 4 game old first grade career and prior to that was very impressive for us in the Toyota Cup. No halfback ever walks into a new team and immediately gels with everyone around him, it takes time. All the injuries we have had have not helped the process  either.

He's a good young player, give him a chance.

Swap DCE for Liam Foran... hahah yeah right!
F*ck some of you in here go off quicker than a 20c bunga. Bet most of you are like that in the sack too.. sheesh

Give the guy a chance.. its his 4th game in NRL!

Look I had my doubts in Melbourne, I thought DCE had a terrible game, and certainly last night wasn't brilliant either (That said it wasn't bad, just has room for improvement). He was good the other two games this year, he is young and he is inexperienced at this level. He will grow into the role and I doubt there will be too many critics at the end of the year.

Trust Des, trust Crusher. And give the guy a chance.

This thread is plain stupid. Dce had a  decent game, not fantastic but he did some good things and got some good comments from the commentators. Silly mistakes from our forwards and some poor edge defense is what lost us the game, not dce. If he had of converted that last try and if we won you would all be saying he is progressing well.

If we continue with DCE at this rate(2/4)  we will be in the finals.  So yer lets make wholesale changes now. and not wait till we have all our rep players back and fit.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8