DCE slow start to the season likely to cost him Australia Test spot.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Neither deserve to be playing for their respective countries at the moment, based off form.

On the basis of his form, reserve for our reserve grade should be his current form. Wow he has really slipped since this time last year!

I feel a bit for DCE. The guy has huge talent, but is so down on confidence at the moment. He's trying his guts out, but he is self doubting himself and over trying sometimes. In the past, if he saw a half gap, he would use his palm and throw the dummy and back himself. At the moment he doesn't know whether to pass, or run. His forwards are not helping him out much though, he rarely gets good early ball with the opposition back pedalling or defenders that have been trampled over by Manly's pack. If he does get the ball, usually defenders are up in his face, and then he has a look outside and he has Symonds or Blair to throw if too.

Watch South's and Cowboys, their forwards work to a plan, they work the middle, take defenders away with each hit up, and have good second phase play, or forwards which can ball play a bit as well. Thurston gets the ball with so much time, he drifts across the field and can select ball runners. DCE hasn't been given that chance. Our forwards cannot even run for 100m. I read a stat against Canberra, some of our forwards ran for 25m in a half after multiple hit ups! Best was about 50m. Canberra's bench player came on and ran for over 100m in a half!

The ball movement from hooker is so pedestrian too. I hate Ennis, but watch him out of dummy half, dummies to outside runners, fakes to inside runners, and then throws it out to bird who has options.

Hopefully with Lyon, Snake and Mateo back -there will be more options for DCE in attack, and the forwards take a few angry pills before the match and trample a few defenders for once.

Daley just needs to back himself this week, don't worry about throwing the miracle ball, throw a dummy or go himself a little more, take the line on. He is a great ball runner, he should do it more often.

Personally I think Foran showed last week (at least in the first half) that his isn't a form problem, its a lack of effort problem. He can still turn it on if he wants to.

DCE on the other hand has been putting in for the past 6 games but he is woefully out of form.

@HoldenV8, 100% agree. Foran will probably get man of the match in the Anzac Test. It would really not surprise me, and that will get me madder than ever!

DCE is just all over the place, but there is effort. His execution and confidence is shot.

But he has to play because don't the players get something like 30 - 50k for playing...

And that money would be what's best for his family!!

Last edited:
I personally don't think DCE will get picked for the Anzac Test. On form he can't be if the selectors are in any way serious. You'd have to think Thurston will play 5/8 and it'll probably be Cronk at halfback with Ben Hunt on the bench.

Foran will partner Johnson in the Kiwi halves unless he gets injured. I can't see the Kiwi selectors picking Benji again. But, stranger things have happened and Benji is in good form for St Merge.

They way both our halves are playing they don't deserve to be playing first grade yet alone test football. They aren't playing for contracts anymore so they aren't putting their bodies or hearts on the line.

Great to see my favourite player, Gifty, likely to make the side.

Tell me again why he is playing at Souths and this time I will try harder to understand.

We had an aging roster and 2 halves coming off contract who would demand big $ in a salary cap restricted team.

It is pretty simple

Great to see my favourite player, Gifty, likely to make the side.

Tell me again why he is playing at Souths and this time I will try harder to understand.
He is a favourite of us all but, seriously, there must be a dozen younger second rowers in the NRL more worthy of a place in the Australian team. I note he is listed to play five-eight this week.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4