DCE reads the Ambush

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
It was good to see at the Captains Finals interviews when DCE was asked about this Saturday
His reply "They will be coming out to Ambush us"
This sounds cliche, but the thing is after last weeks comfortable win, very easy to slide into a comfort zone and be down by 16 early, wondering where to start climbing to get out the hole.
If Manly can match the early Fire that penrith will certainly step up and bring to the table, will break the confidence and get home well.
The way DCE replied it was like Barrett has stressed the Penrith team will try blow them away early with Energy and Power through the middle, if they contain the early Assault, will show this Manly team don't just deserve to be there - but Want to be there.

Strong focus on defense this week at training, safe to say the running metres won't be so easy this week. They'll be going for legs and three in the tackle which they failed miserably on last week. I also expect a smarter kicking game from Cleary playing for position rather than just throwing it up high, so will need good running metres from the backs to build early set momentum.

If can hold the same D patterns and intensity as last week and get through the first period with plenty in the tank, should see frustration creeping into their game which is when younger playmakers get a little lost, and as long as it doesn't creep into ours can hopefully really get the job done between the 30 & 60 min period.
It was noted Penrith are a strong last 20 min team, and we aren't exactly known as consistent 80 minute performers, so a controlled, patient start and strong middle can hopefully have them out of the game again before that period. More confident than i was last week, however if go into this game expecting anything like last week, there's going to be a rude shock. I'm sure coaching staff have hammered that one home. Last week was power, this week needs to be all about smarts.

We have to be careful about managing energy levels aswell.

The riff know we are going to go hard, and if their forwards step up its going to be a very physical match. However if it drains us we could be up for a tougher game the following week if we win.

It was good to see at the Captains Finals interviews when DCE was asked about this Saturday
His reply "They will be coming out to Ambush us"
This sounds cliche, but the thing is after last weeks comfortable win, very easy to slide into a comfort zone and be down by 16 early, wondering where to start climbing to get out the hole.
If Manly can match the early Fire that penrith will certainly step up and bring to the table, will break the confidence and get home well.
The way DCE replied it was like Barrett has stressed the Penrith team will try blow them away early with Energy and Power through the middle, if they contain the early Assault, will show this Manly team don't just deserve to be there - but Want to be there.

I dont think manly will change the game plan , we will come out hard and knock them over . Penrith never recovered from the battering the copped. Gillards Moustache was all over the shop at full time even with a blood tint in it. Weve got this now BRING IT ON.

I dont think manly will change the game plan , we will come out hard and knock them over . Penrith never recovered from the battering the copped. Gillards Moustache was all over the shop at full time even with a blood tint in it. Weve got this now BRING IT ON.
And Wallace looked like he had a stroke !

Interesting, i just went on the Penrith panthers supporters forum and alot of there comments have them done and dusted . Some are calling for griffin's head . Our line speed was phenomenal according to some .

Interesting, i just went on the Penrith panthers supporters forum and alot of there comments have them done and dusted . Some are calling for griffin's head . Our line speed was phenomenal according to some .
Don't know what happened there , anyway yer a club in turmoil was also mentioned, so a very good time to meet them .

The rubbish way the NRL has changed rugby league means most finals are won and lost in the first 15 minutes. It will either be a onesided 32-6 blowout or someone will lead 16-0 and get run down 17-16. There won't be a real footy contest played.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8