DCE on Sterlo now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kelly (or Penn) pull the offer of 1 player and still lose the other player that is just amateurish imo. Maybe they pulled the wrong offer as Foz was always going. Part of running a football club is being able 2 read people we don't seem 2 have anyone who can do that. I just hope Kelly and Penns plan B is some big names we need some quality.

I think in the end it will be a blessing for us. No player is worth 1 or 1.2 million a season when the cap is only 6 or 6.5 mil( not sure of exact cap).
Takes a great team to win comps, not a team with great players.

I think in the end it will be a blessing for us. No player is worth 1 or 1.2 million a season when the cap is only 6 or 6.5 mil( not sure of exact cap).
Takes a great team to win comps, not a team with great players.

Name a team that's won a comp without a great player.

Haha you know what I mean mavin. Of course there's great players in teams that win comps. But those teams are also great men, men that put the team first.
Look a thurston( who I hate), great great player but takes to much of the cows cap, therefore no premiership ring for them. Where as if he took 500k less perhaps they could be one step closer.
Anyway that's all I ment

I'm absolutely guttered DCE is leaving. Could handle Foran leaving, as I don't think he deserves a million a season for what he can offer on the field, but DCE will possibly be the QLD half and Australian half for the next 5-10 years and we had him playing for us, ready to sign a deal that was offered back in October and was then taken away because the new management didn't think he was worth that much to the team! Another ridiculous decision with no foresight with the impact it will cause. You can see DCE is well liked by his team mates and how much they regard him as a player. Even snake seemed shattered he was going. Losing your half back is devastating, especially one who is just coming into his prime and is destined for greatness. I'm sure he would of stayed at Manly if Kelly/Penns didn't withdrawal the offer and just gave him what Manly originally offered in October. At least then Manly have secured one gun half and if Foran ends up moving on, look to replace him with a Rep forward such as Burgess and young cheap play maker with potential such as Elgey. It is easy to bring players across from other teams if you have a current team that is attractive to play for and is going to be successful. Just because we now have approx 2 million to spend on player recruitment, doesn't mean we can necessarily entice Burgess, or JWH or Maloney, etc to leave their current successful sides, which they are happy currently playing for to come across and play for Manly for similar coin, when our current management and recent performances are pathetic. Or do we have to now pay overs just to get star players to leave their current sides. How much should we pay Burgees? How much should be pay Maloney? IMO another huge stuff up from our retention team. Glen, Choc, DCE and maybe Foran gone in last 12 months! I will support DCE on the weekend and this year, as it will be the last time I get to watch him play for this great club He is a genuine super star who is only going to get better. Just some food for thought, I know a few on here don't rate him that highly, but just think back to the beginning of last year, most experts were calling him the best player in the game. He had a fantastic 2013, Clive Churchill medal in a losing side (only manly player I thought who looked dangerous the whole game and thoroughly deserved award ) then went on and got man of match awards playing for Australia. The game against Bulldogs last year when we were getting absolutely smashed in the forwards and he was playing injured, turned the game on its head in a period of 20 mins. Scoring a great solo try and setting another 2 up which win us the game. I just can't see any other player on our team who can do that (snake could be one) Kicking field goals on half way with 5 seconds to go to win matches. He will be sorely missed

Good player, not great ( in my humble opinion, cliffy was great). But he is a completely **** person, has wanted contract upgrades at least 2 or 3 times.held us to ransom every chance he gets.
Only mention the fans once in his interview.

Just watched it after recording it. I have to say I can see him putting in 100%. Seems to be extra motivation to prove people wrong. Agree that he's screwed us around a lot. Hopefully we can still get some wins and make the finals. Swan song

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7