[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I love your one eyed Manly support Bozo ... but he was a part of a great team that won that GF he didn't win it for us
Lets put things in perspective ...
It takes great players to make a great team and DCE was one of the great players feathered friend .

Lets put things in perspective ...
It takes great players to make a great team and DCE was one of the great players feathered friend .

yes he was part and surrounded by those greats he performed .... most half decent halves would have ... imho

Descent halves play NRL level
Great halves like DCE represent their Country and their State

Yes .... imho he has been lucky in his rep selections .... don't get me wrong as a feathered friend I was happy for him ... and us ... but he has proven to be radically inconsistent and reliant on a a great 5/8 and 9 to help him perform

Yes .... imho he has been lucky in his rep selections .... don't get me wrong as a feathered friend I was happy for him ... and us ... but he has proven to be radically inconsistent and reliant on a a great 5/8 and 9 to help him perform
Lets put things in perspective feathered friend
You say DCE has been lucky in his rep Selections ???
Lady luck only strikes once and you can only fluke things once
DCE has played for his country since 2011 for a total of 16 times
and his State since 2013 for a total of 10 times
No class here . Just pure Class

Du musst die Willenskraft haben, mein Freund. Ich empfehle Naturbienenkraftpollen, damit Sie sich besser konzentrieren und leichter schlafen können

Mon Dieu. We could go on like this for weeks, mein freund. I wonder if DCE is French or German. Maybe he should because I sense that some on this forum would like him exiled to one of those countries. THE NEW LEPER, DCE.

Its been a few years already Non?

You are a harsh judge Nightster. I personally think he's been one of the few bright lights in the team, especially in the backs for years, When he has Turbo and Walker to feed, the team tend to click despite its deficiencies. With a backline including some of the following...Turbo, Walker, Hopa, Cust, Funa, Burbo, Schuster (probably at lock), the team already with some decent forwards will fly, no question. Its like a 4 cylinder car running on 2 or 3 cylinders. Its spluttering along at the moment. Just needs some fresh sparkies and it will roar.

Mon Dieu. We could go on like this for weeks, mein freund. I wonder if DCE is French or German. Maybe he should because I sense that some on this forum would like him exiled to one of those countries. THE NEW LEPER, DCE.

I think everyone likes dce and wants him in the team but. But mr 14 % salarp cap either has to not only play consistently but play footy like the general we cant afford, especially since we have had cap reductions also.
Or
Humilty and admit he is overpaid. Renegotiate a contract that removes the massive expectation that comes with being the number 1.
Both can keep cherry at manly

But until such time his contract is counterproductive to manly being competitive with the top sides. On the forum most people just want that , and his contract is a bigger hurdle than a lack of grubbers

The top job always brings expectations and not everyone is up for the job. footy, life, coaches,
Croker looks a little chokey in the number 6 . Looks pressured, maybe its self inflicted but its the same reason he is playing 14
Cherry would be a happier man i suspect. He is a reluctant leader

You are a harsh judge Nightster. I personally think he's been one of the few bright lights in the team, especially in the backs for years, When he has Turbo and Walker to feed, the team tend to click despite its deficiencies. With a backline including some of the following...Turbo, Walker, Hopa, Cust, Funa, Burbo, Schuster (probably at lock), the team already with some decent forwards will fly, no question. Its like a 4 cylinder car running on 2 or 3 cylinders. Its spluttering along at the moment. Just needs some fresh sparkies and it will roar.

Except its turbo that finds cherry, not the other way around. Tom takes ball like a 6 more often and is the man that creates and cherry chimes in later.
He also does a lot from dummy half .
We are better with tom but thats tom. I think cherry takes the back seat more and plays within himself when tom is around.
This is the main issue that he does not improve players outside him, in fact others make him look better

I think everyone likes dce and wants him in the team but. But mr 14 % salarp cap either has to not only play consistently but play footy like the general we cant afford, especially since we have had cap reductions also.
Or
Humilty and admit he is overpaid. Renegotiate a contract that removes the massive expectation that comes with being the number 1.
Both can keep cherry at manly

But until such time his contract is counterproductive to manly being competitive with the top sides. On the forum most people just want that , and his contract is a bigger hurdle than a lack of grubbers

The top job always brings expectations and not everyone is up for the job. footy, life, coaches,
Croker looks a little chokey in the number 6 . Looks pressured, maybe its self inflicted but its the same reason he is playing 14
Cherry would be a happier man i suspect. He is a reluctant leader

I understand your argument James, but realistically it aint going to happen...I mean about renegotiated salary. To me, Manly's team is like a quality house with a bathroom and kitchen leaking and faulty foundations. It needs repairs. You dont throw away the quality elements because of the missing essentials. That would be crazy. You fix up the areas that are not up to spec. Many here are looking in the wrong direction, I feel.

I understand your argument James, but realistically it aint going to happen...I mean about renegotiated salary. To me, Manly's team is like a quality house with a bathroom and kitchen leaking and faulty foundations. It needs repairs. You dont throw away the quality elements because of the missing essentials. That would be crazy. You fix up the areas that are not up to spec. Many here are looking in the wrong direction, I feel.

But what if you spent all your money on big screen tvs and flash cars and now you have no dough to fix that house. You cant borrow against it as your up to your credit limit and you now find your flash kitchen looks good but your actually doing all your coooking on the clapped out BBQ out the back.

Sooner or later you get sick of the taste of charr and you still havnt addressed the leak.
I think our foundations are strong , but they need the leek fixed to complete the overall structural intoddgrity . Your welcome @globaleagle

But what if you spent all your money on big screen tvs and flash cars and now you have no dough to fix that house. You cant borrow against it as your up to your credit limit and you now find your flash kitchen looks good but your actually doing all your coooking on the clapped out BBQ out the back.

Sooner or later you get sick of the taste of charr and you still havnt addressed the leak.
I think our foundations are strong , but they need the leek fixed to complete the overall structural intoddgrity . Your welcome @globaleagle

Stretching the analogy a little there James. Point is, I would suggest, we are getting better value for money spent on DCE than we are for several others in the team. Quantity can never surpass quality. We are getting a far better return, given he is rarely off the field, than many other high paid players we have. For games played he is far cheaper than Walker and Turbo. We've got him, we have to live with it and work around it. If you want to use the TV and flash car analogy, point is you cant hand them back once you've bought them. You just have to make do.

Stretching the analogy a little there James. Point is, I would suggest, we are getting better value for money spent on DCE than we are for several others in the team. Quantity can never surpass quality. We are getting a far better return, given he is rarely off the field, than many other high paid players we have. For games played he is far cheaper than Walker and Turbo. We've got him, we have to live with it and work around it. If you want to use the TV and flash car analogy, point is you cant hand them back once you've bought them. You just have to make do.

Yeah , once you went renovating i wanted a turn.ive got a good car analagy too bud. Anyway All the kitchens in the world didnt address game management and while cherry has some game, manly are playing on 2 cylinders with him in the kitchen

Anyway i am hoping there may be some wriggle room in cherries 6plus 2 year contract. Unloading him or getting him to reneg , could be tough.

Playmakers are often injured due to taking the ball to the line and putting themselves in harms way. Cherries lack of try assists and healthy run ..........well, ya never know.

He runs accross the line close to the line but almost never digs in

Another 3 years at 14% is a disappointing outlook for this fan.

Yeah , once you went renovating i wanted a turn.ive got a good car analagy too bud. Anyway All the kitchens in the world didnt address game management and while cherry has some game, manly are playing on 2 cylinders with him in the kitchen

Anyway i am hoping there may be some wriggle room in cherries 6plus 2 year contract. Unloading him or getting him to reneg , could be tough.

Playmakers are often injured due to taking the ball to the line and putting themselves in harms way. Cherries lack of try assists and healthy run ..........well, ya never know.

Dreaming James. They will never let DCE go.

Yep, that's why we need a proper game managing 7 and let DCE run the ball at 6. It happens a little bit with Cust partnering him but nowhere near enough. Offer Burton Thommo and Elliot's money. We are wasting DCE's 14% of the cap if we don't find a proper game managing 7.

Dce needs to force more dropouts. We gotta be the worst team for repeat sets. Apart from from that I think he goes ok. Not 1.3 mill ok .but 1 mill ok.
That and kicks from tries... dxe used to be one of the best i remember the grubbers for siro or Jack jetski or the outside backs.. but he doesn't do it anymore. The young warrior's player had a field day with us with his boot. Easy tries that we dont get

DCE would, I feel, not be a great 5/8.

Really you need a player in that position who feeds your outside backs effectively and that's been Manly's problem now for years, since Green left.

Cust may have it, though I think he's better suited to half or hooker.

Really the only player who I've seen who has that ability at Manly is Schuster. I know I'll be hounded down, but all you have to do is look at how effective our backline is. Part of that is personnel. Part of it is giving space and creating uncertainty in the opposition's mind which requires an art of distribution, like Lyons had, where he knew how to effectively delay and time his pass creating uncertainty and being able to dummy effectively, thereby creating constant doubt in the opposition defence. Its obviously a rare art.

At present our backline is predictable outside DCE. Turbo creates uncertainty, which opens it up for the backline. Walker uses speed and evasion which makes him a top centre. But to get the best out of the backline you need someone who feeds them in a manner that creates openings.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8