DCE gets smashed by Ravalawa - laughs on the ground and tries to give Ravalawa a pat on the back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Laugh in the face adversity
Smile when you get hit and show you weren't hurt
Taunt by congratulating a good hit
Dont let show them they hurt you
just get off the deck and back to it like it was nothing
Show no pain

Though I wished show no mercy either..

I gather no trainer no coach ever said those words to anyone.

DCE is woefully out of form, maybe not the best player for inspirational leadership, but condemning him for this is a stretch.

Laugh in the face adversity
Smile when you get hit and show you weren't hurt
Taunt by congratulating a good hit
Dont let show them they hurt you
just get off the deck and back to it like it was nothing
Show no pain

DCE is woefully out of form, maybe not the best player for inspirational leadership, but condemning him for this is a stretch.
Sticking to the thread subject, this sums up the hit perfectly.

The way DCE's body was whiplashed, I was amazed he got up at all - and was unhurt.

As @court83 said, what was he suppose to do - retaliate or lie there and feign injury, or ?? DCE wouldn't show weakness, he's too smart for that.

Yes, he's in a form slump and not our ideal captain but that's for other thread discussions.

He got hit fair and square and acknowledged a good hit. He played it off like a man and to laugh at it shows some tough character. As soon as it happened I said I hope that shot wakes DCE up and he finally plays to his strengths.

Last edited:
The players are not looking overly concerned after a loss and often smiley and kind of more jovial than I would expect for a team at 0 and 3 and looking to contend for the first wooden spoon in the clubs proud history....
To get out of this deep hole the players need to get angry, the opposition apart from the scoreboard demolisions must wish they could play Manly every week...not just for the easy win, but after playing Manly the the opposition teams must wake up the following day without bumps or bruises, as the contacts and collisions are soft.

Completely agree - the team looks like they could care less after these loses which is the hardest part to cop.
I loathe the Broncos, but seeing them lying on the ground, tears in the eyes looking visibly gutted after their floggings last year show that they care and are disappointed with themselves. Our boys show zero f*cks and it's tiresome.

Jake wears his heart on his sleeve, which I love.

The problem at the moment is he appears to be overridden by emotion to the point he carries on like a 'good sort", not captaincy material.

His day will come.

Yes he looks emotionally wrought.

He needs a session or three with great Manly men of the past. Don’t whine and look like you’re about to burst into tears when things go against you. Men like Krilich, Thompson, Randall, Eadie, Lyons, Toovey, Menzies, Lyon, or your current coach, stand out on that score.

Stiff upper lip and get even, not angry.

What would you rather him do? Get Up swinging??
He got creamed and congratulated the guy on a good shot.. it's called sportsmanship..
That type of sportsmanship has no place during a game, save it for after the match, it was embarrassing beyond belief, its a battle, not a good shot mate type of thing, if I saw my team mate pull that hit off I would be pumping his wheels, that’s how it works, but when the opposition and the captain no less gets up and Responds like DCE did (WTF) imagine playing under him, no wonder where playing like a bunch of busteds.
I saw good on field sportsman’s ship the other night when the 2 Cronulla boys grabbed mosses, that I would respect my own team for doing, no respect for DCE’s re-actions last week, made me cringe with embarrassment.

Yer maybe, however I’d just like to apologise for my choice of words, or word, it was poor and inappropriate, apologies to any gay or other people I may have offended, but I meant every word of the rest of it.

Didn "t think it was a good look at all ,. By all means briefly acknowledge a good hit and indicate no ill effects or bad feeling but to carry on with it as if it was some sort of happy highlight and after your side"s pretty poor performance for the game , hardly a good impression for the rest of his side to take notice off . Don't have to have a win at all costs mentality but definitely have to have a very competitive and defiant outlook at all times , especially if one is the captain .

Yer maybe, however I’d just like to apologise for my choice of words, or word, it was poor and inappropriate, apologies to any gay or other people I may have offended, but I meant every word of the rest of it.

Well I identify as a padded footstool so I'm absolutely mortified at your divisive, exclusionary use of the word "poofs".

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who saw that hit and actually hoped that DCE had been badly hurt so that he'd miss a few games. I was disappointed when he got up laughing but my disappointment was with him getting up. Sad when I find myself saying that about any Manly player, let alone our captain.

Don't get me wrong, I want Cherry in the team but he stifles our attack playing in the halves. He'd make a good hooker or a great center. Unless he gets hurt he has a mortgage on the seven jumper and the team and fans will continue to suffer.

Didn "t think it was a good look at all ,. By all means briefly acknowledge a good hit and indicate no ill effects or bad feeling but to carry on with it as if it was some sort of happy highlight and after your side"s pretty poor performance for the game , hardly a good impression for the rest of his side to take notice off . Don't have to have a win at all costs mentality but definitely have to have a very competitive and defiant outlook at all times , especially if one is the captain .
this is exactly my point

the weak displays by DCE are echoed throughout the team and until our team gives a **** about a loss they will continue to come

it seems they are all just biding there time until the 'saviour' tommy t comes back to magically conjure up some wins. News flash, the Warriors and Titans are miles ahead of us, and the Tigers are above us too... could be waiting until midseason. I wouldn't consider a 0-6 going into the tigers game very fruitful

Dce seems to laugh when his ego has been bruised. Otherwise he spends the 80 minutes looking like he is having a sook. It must be hard to be inspired when the captain is crying all game

Iv been on dce's case for awhile and i dont see how you could blame him for anything here. He got smashed and laughed it off. Good sportsmanship i say... was he supposed to get into a brouhaha with ravalawa and get put in hospital in front of the nation? Dce is no leader iv said it for years, cant handle pressure and cannot act accordingly under pressure hence all the headless chook stuff the dropped balls the kicking out on the full or the 2nd etc. Only other options are jake foran and marty

That type of sportsmanship has no place during a game, save it for after the match, it was embarrassing beyond belief, its a battle, not a good shot mate type of thing, if I saw my team mate pull that hit off I would be pumping his wheels, that’s how it works, but when the opposition and the captain no less gets up and Responds like DCE did (WTF) imagine playing under him, no wonder where playing like a bunch of busteds.
I saw good on field sportsman’s ship the other night when the 2 Cronulla boys grabbed mosses, that I would respect my own team for doing, no respect for DCE’s re-actions last week, made me cringe with embarrassment.
They grabbed Moses to bring attention to the ref he was concussed, Cherry got up didn't pretend he was hurt and laughed it off like to see alot of these expert's on the end of big hit

Guys I wasn’t and wouldn‘t suggest he should off come up swinging, but you don’t kind of congratulate or get up smiling and embrace the opposition, I’m all for good sportsmanship, but that’s is something different, it’s not what you want from your captain, i didn’t see Munster get up and do something similar when George cut him half and I can’t recall another on field moment like it, like I said it made me cringe, I guess we all Just see things differently.
And yes with Moses I understand, but it’s still good sportsmanship, player welfare has come a long way, I recall the good old days, we hated the opposition and anytime we could belt them, we did, any good shot we’d usually add a spray, celebrate and get on with it. I actually like seeing the opposition players respect and help an injured player, but I didn’t like seeing our club captains response last weekend, would of just preferred he got on with it, guess we all see things from our own perspectives.

Lets bring this up again.

He's weak as piss. Did you see every huddle and half time tonight?

Watch the Matty Johns late show, great snippet of it. Jake going off each time and half the boys listening half not. Oh wait, where DCE? Drinking his water on the edge of the huddle.

Get it the **** over with and give Jake the captaincy. The first ingredient for a captain is someone who lives and breathes the club, the second ingredient is someone who isnt a pussy, and the third ingredient is someone who is a natural leader and commands the respect of others. I've been one of DCE's #1 fans but it has become as clear as daylight he is a **** leader, and until the club hand it over to Jake nothing about the culture of the club will change.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8