DCE Contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

G-land Express

Reserve Grader
Saw on fox last night at the bottom of the screen we were upgrading/extending his contract. Might be posted somewhere else here but anyway hope they lock him up for a few years.

From memory he signed a contract last year for 3 years, but he should be upgraded well and truly before the end of his current deal.

agreed him and Foz need to be locked up long term ASAP and before their price goes too high :)

Masked Eagle said:
From memory he signed a contract last year for 3 years, but he should be upgraded well and truly before the end of his current deal.

I thought as soon as Hodo went we signed him up until end of next year. RLW carried a piece yesterday saying they were looking to tie him up before clubs swoop as his contract finishes 2012.

The interesting part was quotes for his manager Gavin Orr, who you would expect to roll out the usual "Now he's an established first grader with a bright future we need to get the best possible deal" etc, etc. But he said something along the lines of Manly have been good to Daly and their priority was to resign with us and, while not a done deal yet, things were moving in that direction. So it all sounded pretty positive.

The piece also mentioned Manly were as impressed with him off the field as they are on it and he was the type of person they want to have around the club. I must admit, at the only game I've been able to get down to this year against the cowboys, I was impressed at the way Cherry and Ballin stayed out in the rain after the game, high-fiving everyone along the fence, signing autographs and posing for photos. They just struck me as two really nice blokes.

It's looking highly likely that we could have our current 1, 6, 7 and 9 stay the same for the next 5 years or so. That kind of stability is almost unheard of in the modern game. It would auger well for future premiership campaigns and mean we don't need to go out and spend up big to recruit stars in key positions.

firechild said:
It's looking highly likely that we could have our current 1, 6, 7 and 9 stay the same for the next 5 years or so. That kind of stability is almost unheard of in the modern game. It would auger well for future premiership campaigns and mean we don't need to go out and spend up big to recruit stars in key positions.

I'd love to think Snake's knees have another 5 years in them but I highly doubt it.

It makes sense to do it. I mean suppose he was on 200k for two years 2011 and 2012 = $400k

But lets say we pay him $200k this year (as it is hard to upgrade for this year) and if we upgrade next years by $100k and for 2012 pay $30k instead of $200k and then 2013 for $300k.

Basically that means the 2013 contract is just as good as leaving it as is and paying him $400k in 2013 contract.

Makes sense to me and it is good for all parties.

Same thing goes applies for Foran.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8