Day 1 Manly Best on Ground

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Our best player from Day 1?

• Parcell

Votes: 41 58.6%
  • Tom Trbojevic

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Isaac John

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Nathan Green

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Jake Trbojevic

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Mateo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Williame

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Lawrence

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Moltzen

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Symonds

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I only saw the highlights on TV and it was basically Parcell's vision, TT's speed and Williame's Strength.

Listening to the radio John went well and Lawrence sounded like he is back big time

Two games, two match winning tries at the death by Parcell. Can't do much more. But he did.

This is only confirmation of the extra dimension he brings to the team. Exciting stuff.

The form of Lawrence was the other outstanding bonus. And of course Turbo.

I didn't give them any real hope of beating the Warriors. Warriors picked a team to win this comp. We picked a team with a view to minimising injury damage. Outstanding effort just to stay in the contest.

Last edited:
Parcell was probably the standout but Tommy T wasn't far behind him. And don't underestimate Isaac John's contribution. He was very good as the major playmaker out there - calm, controlled and professional. He'll come in very handy. Mateo had some nice touches, too. But really, they played well as a team, particularly in defence. Struck me that we were trying to play good, simple footy - not getting too carried away and throwing it around, just competing hard. Two tough wins. If it wasn't for the injuries it would have been a great day.

Parcell for me. He looks the goods. Going to be great for us.

Tommy t was a close second.

Issac john and Brenton lawernce were also good. Bj looking like he bring some mongreul to our pack.

Us Manly fans aren't going to know what hits us in 2016.

No offence at all to Matty Ballin who was a great hooker for us, but Parcell brings some speed and creativity to our dummy half and general play that we haven't seen from a #9 in the maroon and white since some bloke named Fulton moved another bloke named Toovey there back in the mid-late 90's.

I just happened to be reading about his grandfather Gary Parcell last night. A 1959-60 Kangaroo tourist who played 8 tests and 14 state games (Qld) as a front or second rower who (like his dad and Qld rep Percy Parcell) played for Ipswich Brothers.

As for the team......(from what I saw)

Its good to see Tommy hasn't lost speed despite putting on muscle.

Jake's head knocks are a worry.

BJ looks like he is mixing a 2015 supply of aggression with his 2016 play

Ferris can't seem to take a trick.

8 months ago no one here wanted Wiliame to darken any Manly first grade team again. Now he has strength and is a good back up. Go figure.

Feleti looks to have lost his 'beer gut'.

We definitely look a lot fitter than we have been since Des' time.

Last edited:
I don't think any Manly supporters don't appreciate the effort and the skills that came with Ballin..

I hope 5-10 years from now we are talking about Parcell in the same way...

He is probably the player I am expecting the most from

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Noticed mateo has stopped throwing those offloads that aren't on.I wonder if barrets cutting that from his game.
No he threw his usual stupid balls.

For mine, the unsung in this was definitely Green.

Parcell and Tom T were easily best though with Ferris nipping at their heels until he decided to headbut a shoulder with his chin

Our spine is going to be pretty strong in the future with DCE, Parcell and Tom Turbo filling three of the four key positions.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8