[Resurrected] David Fifita helping police with their enquiries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar

David Fifita questioned by police after reports of trespassing​

Gold Coast Titans star signing David Fifita has been questioned by police after an incident at a Gold Coast property on Sunday morning.

Elise Williams

@elisenwilliams

December 28, 2020 - 6:32AM
The Courier-Mail

One of the state’s top NRL players was questioned by police over staggering reports he was seen trespassing at a Gold Coast property early on Sunday morning.
The Titans’ star signing, 20-year-old David Fifita, was picked up by Gold Coast police after reports he was trespassing at a Clear Island Waters property about 8am.
The Courier-Mail understands Fifita had been drinking at the time of the incident and had accidentally gone to the wrong room at the right address.
It’s understood he had gone to meet a woman when the mix up happened.
According to a Queensland Police Service spokesman, Fifita was taken to the Broadbeach police station where he was questioned by officers.
He was later released without charge, however investigations are continuing.
An NRL spokesman on Sunday said the incident had been referred to the Integrity Unit.
“The Gold Coast Titans have reported an alleged incident involving David Fifita to the Integrity Unit,” the spokesman said.
“The Integrity Unit is liaising with both the Queensland Police and the club.”
Fifita, who started the year at the Brisbane Broncos, accepted a deal worth over $3 million when he signed with Titans in July.
“It’s a great signing for the club,” Titans head of culture Mal Meninga said at the time.

Fifita had previously spent three days behind bars in a Bali prison after he was accused of allegedly assaulting a security guard outside a Seminyak nightclub in 2019.

The bloke could well be a tosser but does not seem a situation with assault or even threatening type qualities....more a case of how careful players need to be as media scums are watching from every angle and there are some low lifes out there trying to make a quick buck like the Snake Stewart circus.
Sure there are times the odd player deserves the wrath, but cases like this, (unless theres more to it), seem a little exaggerated imo.

The bloke could well be a tosser but does not seem a situation with assault or even threatening type qualities....more a case of how careful players need to be as media scums are watching from every angle and there are some low lifes out there trying to make a quick buck like the Snake Stewart circus.
Sure there are times the odd player deserves the wrath, but cases like this, (unless theres more to it), seem a little exaggerated imo.
Hypothetical. You have a daughter asleep in bed in her own room and a huge bloody footballers slides in beside her. Not threatening? How do you feel?
You're right, it's not even close to some of the rubbish some footy players get up to, but also not close to the standards set by Team Trbojevic.

There really should be no room for a situation like this in the N R L , just has to learn that the door is not always open when he should have addressed himself better

Hypothetical. You have a daughter asleep in bed in her own room and a huge bloody footballers slides in beside her. Not threatening? How do you feel?
You're right, it's not even close to some of the rubbish some footy players get up to, but also not close to the standards set by Team Trbojevic.
Were you there, or is this 100% accurate - did he break in ??
I mean I would question my daughters judgement to invite an NRL player home at whatever hour in the first place, or did they plan to play a game of scrabble ??
How many footy players get invited back to a girls apartment....maybe a few.

Were you there, or is this 100% accurate - did he break in ??
I mean I would question my daughters judgement to invite an NRL player home at whatever hour in the first place, or did they plan to play a game of scrabble ??
How many footy players get invited back to a girls apartment....maybe a few.
Of course I was there!
I did say hypothetical. Assuming said footballer was looking for a happy ending to a drunken night and was invited by someone on Tinder (you may have heard of it) and - this part is clear from the police - went into the wrong room. Not a big leap to make.
But sure, defend a player who's not one of ours.
I did suggest it wasn't a crime, ah .... forget it

Of course I was there!
I did say hypothetical. Assuming said footballer was looking for a happy ending to a drunken night and was invited by someone on Tinder (you may have heard of it) and - this part is clear from the police - went into the wrong room. Not a big leap to make.
But sure, defend a player who's not one of ours.
I did suggest it wasn't a crime, ah .... forget it
All is good champ - just reckon some of these minor infringements are blown out of proportion....look I get your point and regardless of it being a Manly player or whoever....let him burn when it's warranted....from all accounts left the police station with zero charges, if being on Tinder is a crime, half the country would be locked up...not me - happily married...most days

Api got charged with a drunken trespass when he was with us, and got a fine.

But it's not a very good argument to say the media blow things up, or everyone has a phone camera, because yes that's true and the modern NRL player really needs to understand it and not put themselves in that position. How big a step is it from 'boys will be boys' to sitting out game time or even throwing your whole career down the toilet? Conceivably could come down to one drink too many, or even one bit of 'bad luck'.
Fifita is young but the Titans have pinnned their future on him, so I reckon they'll be laying down the law to him big-time.

He copped the stern talking to this time, scarey stuff.

"Top Queensland NRL player David Fifita has been issued an adult police caution by investigators after reports he was caught trespassing at a Gold Coast property early Sunday morning.

The 20-year-old Gold Coast Titans’ player was given a stern talking to after Broadbeach police took him in for questioning over the incident at about 8am Sunday."

He copped the stern talking to this time, scarey stuff.

"Top Queensland NRL player David Fifita has been issued an adult police caution by investigators after reports he was caught trespassing at a Gold Coast property early Sunday morning.

The 20-year-old Gold Coast Titans’ player was given a stern talking to after Broadbeach police took him in for questioning over the incident at about 8am Sunday."
In the 70s a stern talking to by qld police would have resulted in multiple fractures

With liberal use of the current edition of the Yellow Pages & not a mark or bruise to be seen.

Only if you were a good bloke a slap around and a go home ... if you were a total dickhead they didn't bother ... just charged you and gave you a record ...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2