Dave Warwick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Bulldogs have just sent out a press release saying they have signed him from us for 2012 and beyond as a recruitment and development manager

Must admit I have never heard of the bloke, what was his role with us ? Crushers boss or something maybe ?

Just how did our junior teams go by the way.

What is it with the Dogs that they can't keep their grubby hands off our guys?

He had a big role in recruiting kids for the Ball/Matts teams. Brought in a lot of country kids etc, he's good at what he does. The fact we haven't enjoyed heaps of success at those levels is more down to having such limited resources compared to other clubs (especially those with enormous catchment areas like Penrith/Parra/Newcastle).

He had a big hand in identifying Kieran as a talent and has said since the kid was 16 that he was going to have a huge NRL career. That sounds easy considering how well Kieran has kicked on, but he saw it a long way before anyone else.

As others have said I would not judge his results on the overall results rather the players coming through...which has been pretty fantastic

It's good news in the sense that it could mean Crusher might be staying. It's bad news in the fact he had a lot to do with Kieran Forans discovery. Foran leaving is my biggest worry.

bones said:
It's good news in the sense that it could mean Crusher might be staying. It's bad news in the fact he had a lot to do with Kieran Forans discovery. Foran leaving is my biggest worry.

he has no influence with any player, including Foran. I am not saying that no Manly will leave to go to the Bulldogs but if they do he will have no role in that happening.

I know there are some people who post here that know what they are talking about but there is also lots of crap.

A few have connections to players and so are worth listening to. Others have never laced a football boot or have no idea.

The coaching staff is a sum of the whole rather than one person. To lose one or two won't be the end of the world but Tooves will have a build a team that is effective and works together. He might do well to have a an effective board as well, though that might depend on the result of the election of the Football Club.

Why are people worried about Foran leaving? It is literally all speculation from the Bulldogs fans that he is going, he has said that he has no intentions of leaving Manly.

There is an article on the Manly Daily website about it. From his quotes, it sounds like he left for the opportunity to work more with NRL players, as opposed to blindly following Hasler. Hasler being there (and no doubt helping him get the job) was just an added bonus for him.

I'm sure if the staff are happy about their jobs and live in the area, I doubt most of them will pack their bags and walk away just because of Des.

Well I saw a MD article tonight suggesting that Krilich may now run on for election to the football club board, along with Peters. Darrell Williams is also on the Board (he and Krilich are both filling vacancies) at the moment. Not sure if we need to 'go back to the future' with a raft of ex-footballers on the Board. None of those gentlemen strikes me as having much business and/or administrative acumen to go with their undoubted footballing knowledge.

I don't like the idea of Peters being anywhere near the board just quietly. Just more of the same negative 'Manly versus the world' bullsh-t from that gentleman. He is not about building bridges with the Council, the NRL or the wider footballing community. Not to mention leaking stories to Rothfield, Read and Ritchie on a regular basis.

When Vautin was a board member he had little or nothing to contribute. And he had Weidler's number on speed dial.

I know Krilich has been on the Leagues Club board (along with Peters) in the past, but I'm not sure whether he ever 'value added.'

Comments?

Does it really matter whether people have financial acumen re the Football Club? They are charged with 'keeping Manly at Brookvale" and ensuring Manly play in maroon and white. Sure, there has to be some financial discussion, but having been on boards, it is the advice given to the board that is most vital.

What I would like to see is people on the board that have a commitment to it working together for the good of Manly. I would love to see some ex-players on the board, as it seems as if the rift between the playing group and the FC is a problem. I am happy to stand corrected, but Max Krilich would be a great asset.

Phantar - i would be careful mentioning that Peter Peters is leaking stories to the Telegraph - that is hearsay, is innuendo and could be subject to defamation. Do you know it is true? Not sure whether PP will make the same threats to this site as made by Football Club personalities but you are leaving yourself open!!!

clearly crusher is staying, but to me to end all this speculation bull**** i really think that hasler needs to go **** him off, and anyone on the playing group if they want to go just go, to me we have no stability.

winnyason said:
clearly crusher is staying, but to me to end all this speculation bull**** i really think that hasler needs to go f**k him off, and anyone on the playing group if they want to go just go, to me we have no stability.

So your team can go better a year early?

winnyason said:
clearly crusher is staying, but to me to end all this speculation bull**** i really think that hasler needs to go f**k him off, and anyone on the playing group if they want to go just go, to me we have no stability.

Have you ever thought of being an emergency call centre operator ?

Canteen Worker said:
I know there are some people who post here that know what they are talking about but there is also lots of crap.

A few have connections to players and so are worth listening to. Others have never laced a football boot or have no idea.

The coaching staff is a sum of the whole rather than one person. To lose one or two won't be the end of the world but Tooves will have a build a team that is effective and works together. He might do well to have a an effective board as well, though that might depend on the result of the election of the Football Club.

Warwick has nothing to do with any coaching above SG Ball level and even there only overseas the coaching.

As far as discovering Foran I think Warwick came from North Sydney and therefore that would be why he knew Foran as a junior.

His departure will have zero impact on Manly. I believe Luke Williamson has a different role next year, not coaching NSW Cup. maybe this is what he is doing - the junior development job.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Warwick has nothing to do with any coaching above SG Ball level and even there only overseas the coaching.

Dont tell me we are going to shift jobs offshore like Qantas ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6