Dave Taylor - how it is.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
On Fox today said he loved the fight & the whole thing is blown out of proportion. He makes a fair point , i mean -
*During origin people are disappointed if theres no fights, including the same commentators who are now the lynchmob.
*The games leading up to the origin players get away with spear tackles & head high tackles. Why?? Oh hope he gets off - want him in origin??? But its ok to rub certain players from a final series after they work their ass off all year to get there. As a supporter i dont give a flying f**k about origin compared to seeing Manly take the premiership.
*Basically it was 1 on 1 anyway because every other player including Storms were simply breaking the fight up apart from Blairs cheapshot & Lussicks retalliation on that very grub.
*Hope they show consistency for Gift - if Thurston was in his position & Origin 3 was on next week, he would be there , no doubt.

We don't know what the penalty is going to be yet. Mckinnon went straight to the judiciary for spitting at a ref and got three weeks. I don't know that Glenn did anything horrendous so he might only get 3 weeks. I guess it depends on how independent the judiciary are.

Take out the media hype and what did Glenn actually do?

He was incorrectly sin-binned. And then when Blair went for him they shared some air swings - no contact at all. There were plenty of similar punches thrown in the Bulldogs-Newcastle game the very next day and no reports, no fines, no suspensions.

Some consistency please.

Trial by media or certain sections of the media. Just like most cases those who scream the loudest (minority) always get wishes granted.

It was dealt with by the sending off of players it should have been left there.

Once again it’s the fans that have to pay the penalty and to be robbed of the best players being on the field for the next few weeks.

OneEyedEagle said:
Trial by media or certain sections of the media. Just like most cases those who scream the loudest (minority) always get wishes granted.

It was dealt with by the sending off of players it should have been left there.

Once again it’s the fans that have to pay the penalty and to be robbed of the best players being on the field for the next few weeks.

The best post of the week in my opinion, nailed it to a tee!!

I think he is only looking at 2-3 weeks. Probably three. I would have been more sure of that however if we had secured Bellew's services.

If you look at the overreaction from sections of the media (as to what punitive measures would/should be taken) and what has actually been dealt both clubs, I don't think it will be as harsh as some of the predictions. Last night the whizkids over at Channel 10 had B. Stewart missing 4 weeks, without bothering to check if...um...he had a clean record stretching back 7 years, and could probably get off with much less.

Watch if they do impose a long suspension and the same media idiots will be writing the next day how harsh the penalty was and start comparing it to past incidents that copped a lighter sentence...muppets

Fair enough give them a week but don't rob the supporters of seeing the best players play in the finals.

Gallop could show some real commitment to the game as say enough is enough if any player steps over the mark from this day onwards these will be the ramifications without setting examples of any club in the current situation. Set the guidelines first and then if you overstep them you feel the ramifications.

He needs to stop appeasing certain members of the media and the minority groups.

I am not endorsing what has happened (personally I think Blair got what he deserved he brought upon himself) in the heat of the moment things will tend to blow up.

Rex said:
Take out the media hype and what did Glenn actually do?

He was incorrectly sin-binned. And then when Blair went for him they shared some air swings - no contact at all. There were plenty of similar punches thrown in the Bulldogs-Newcastle game the very next day and no reports, no fines, no suspensions.

Some consistency please.

Do you mean there were no fines, cautions etc after THAT BRAWL?:huh:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7