Darren Lehmann to resign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He has to go

He either knew about it....and if he did not how did he not know / what culture did he encourage

Bring on Punter or JL. They'd be great for this side. Just need a couple of good bats to replace Smith and Warner - should be no problem @:eek:

JL for me. I can't imagine him taking any BS. Mind you I have been impressed with Punters cricket brain when I have heard him commentating of late.

Bring on Punter or JL. They'd be great for this side. Just need a couple of good bats to replace Smith and Warner - should be no problem @:eek:
I would like both tbh.
And if they were named captains/coaches I'd be equally happy.

Sutherland said CA’s head of integrity Iain Roy had completed a preliminary investigation and that he was satisfied Smith, Warner and Bancroft and were the only three involved in the plot to use tape to damage the ball.

He denied reports Lehmann had offered to resign and said the coach would continue under his existing contract.

Well, that's that then.

It's interesting sbs has changed their link I originally posted from Lehmann to resign to some other b/s.

Friggen 'journos'

I could believe that Lehmann didn't know, it all transpired during the lunch break and he would have been on his 3rd plate when the plan was hatched

Not sure what is worse....the cheating or the response. Amatuer hour from Sutherland

What didn't you like about the response @lsz ? I think they've handled it reasonably well, Huey Dewey and Louie have been sent home. their punishment yet to be determined. Not sure what else he could have done.

What didn't you like about the response @lsz ? I think they've handled it reasonably well, Huey Dewey and Louie have been sent home. their punishment yet to be determined. Not sure what else he could have done.
I thought he was pretty weak and wishy washy - he could have been more decisive with his language for mind

Looks like 12 month bans for Warner and Smith, and 9 months for Bancroft

Darkest day in cricket ever: - Coach says we should play more like.... New Zealand!

lol

Haha did that get said ?

I do like the way we play our cricket these days, and it happened the day that Phil Hughes passed away that McCullum completely changed the way we went about our cricket and every series seems to be played the right way these days, before that time some of our players were knobs on the field

Haha did that get said ?

I do like the way we play our cricket these days, and it happened the day that Phil Hughes passed away that McCullum completely changed the way we went about our cricket and every series seems to be played the right way these days, before that time some of our players were knobs on the field

It did! Lehmann said we should model our game on NZ who play the game the best way (that last bit may not be word for word but something like that).

Though I wonder how successful it will be with him still there?

If they follow this philosophy they'll be heading the right way

"Under former captain Brendon McCullum and coach Mike Hesson the Black Caps took an approach of playing hard but respecting the traditions of the game. The playing style has continued under Kane Williamson.

"One of the things which Mike has tried to instil is to play like the kids who fell in love with the game," McCullum told the BBC in 2015.

"The coaches empower players to make decisions for themselves, to exhibit their skills in the manner in which they grew up watching the game. If in doubt, always take the aggressive option' is one of our big catch-cries."

"How we were viewed two years ago was that we were overpaid, under-delivering prima donnas, and a lot of that was fair," McCullum said. "We hit rock bottom but that allowed us to strip everything out and plot a pathway forward. One of the things that we decided we had to change was the public perception of us as people, not just on the cricket field but off it as well."

Langer to replace him from all reports. This gives us a chance to rebuild before the Indians tour this summer. I think we have a test against the Zimbos and the Bangers in between, which will be nothing but glorified trial games.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2