Darius Boyd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Unbelievably, still off-contract and someone the club should look at

Perfect backup for Stewart and a viable wing option

was actually thinking today.... how many players have left the broncos and come to manly since the broncs were admitted???

Only one i can think of is rowdy.. but even then i'm sure he was here before he went to the broncs?

Boyd would be a gun buy. But whether he'd want to come to a club that couldn't guarantee him a first grade spot is questionable.

For his preferred position he'd be stuck behind Brett, but you could argue that he'd be chosen before Robbo.

Baffling that he is off-contract though.

Sorry for the reeeeal old thread bump but didn't want to use up my yearly quota of thread starts of Darius but......

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/newcastle-knights-fullback-darius-boyd-admitted-to-mental-health-clinic-for-depression-treatment/story-fndv33vy-1226998336569

NEWCASTLE fullback Darius Boyd has been checked into a mental health facility at the end of a tumultuous fortnight for the troubled star.
Boyd has been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons since the conclusion of the State of Origin series — first due to a bizarre interview with a TV reporter, then when revelations emerged that he had damaged a luxury hotel room in the Hunter Valley.

Hopefully a speedy recovery. But a real recovery, not a ben barba type recovery

Good footballer but way far too much baggage for mine. Wish him well elsewhere.

Would never have picked this, he always seems so buoyant and vivacious in every interview I've ever seen with him *

* Sorry to be flippant, depression is a serious subject. I wish him well with his treatment.

I would have never of picked this either, but alot of time you cannot.

Mabye its the reason he hasn't been great at the knights.

Well I wish him the best.

Everywhere he goes he is hated by team mates and fans.

We have enough problems without adding a complete c*$# to our roster.

errrr....keep in mind folks that disco started this thread in 2006.

I just bumped it to post the rehab story!

party on!

I think you have confused a few ppl by dredging up this old thread GE...

I never personally rated Darius that highly, but I'm sorry to hear of his predicament. I hope he gets the care he needs and recovers quickly and fully.

There's no available space for him at our club, regardless of his condition and future.

We have Clint G, Tommy T, JT, Peta, Cheyse, Tony Satini, and some pretty good 'current' backs, who probably aren't going anywhere soon. Even TRed might make a fist of winger - they are all big guys these days.

The hammy-free fitness and form being shown by Snake lately, we may yet have him for years to come, and K Irvine's 212 may be in trouble.

Darius B is a good finisher, but his last line defence, well, huh hum, er . .

MadMarcus said:
I think you have confused a few ppl by dredging up this old thread GE...

I never personally rated Darius that highly, but I'm sorry to hear of his predicament. I hope he gets the care he needs and recovers quickly and fully.

It's not my fault everyone but us are thicker than besser blocks in Turkish coffee!

:mad::angel::dodgy::cool::D

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
Hahaha i have seen bumped threads but this is ridiculous!

As a rookie in 2006 on a minimal contract without knowing about his personal issues..................sure

In 2014 with all his issues and questionable form......no way!!!

globaleagle said:
errrr....keep in mind folks that disco started this thread in 2006.

I just bumped it to post the rehab story!

party on!

Perhaps your new signature could be....
GE - confusing Silvertails since 2011

:p

Are the media F#%K1NG serious? Now they are posting photos from Boyds granny's house.
Now I'm not a Darious fan but this is low;
http://m.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/darius-boyds-childhood-home-in-disarray-as-the-nrl-star-is-treated-for-depression/story-fnj9yd9w-1226999200423

Darius is going to get the help he needs.

Never nice to learn about someone suffering from depression. I hope he recovers soon.

Fine footballer and where ever he plays he will be an asset.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6