Daniel Heckenberg

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
A mate of mine (dieheard Eagles fan) went out to watch Belrose play Cabramatta or something a month ago. He suggested he saw Heckenberg running around for Cabramatta. Looks like The London Harlequins let him go. A pretty sad tale if true. He was once an Australian Schoolboy rep player. Maybe Manly could throw ol' one dimensional $50k to play in reggies just in case???

8| 8| 8|

Still playing for London

see below

Harlequins RL 6-44 St Helens

SUNDAY - 29th April 2007

St Helens kept up the pressure on the engage Super League’s leading pack with a nine-try demolition of an off-colour Harlequins RL.

Paul Wellens and Matt Gidley did the majority of the damage for the reigning champions, helping themselves to two tries each, while Saints skipper Paul Sculthorpe scored a try and also added three goals.

The visitors drew first blood through a scrappy Leon Pryce try – the Great Britain international stand-off the quickest to react to a loose ball before bundling over in the corner.

The lead was then further extended when Keiron Cunningham released Sculthorpe, who eased over the line.

After being outplayed in the first quarter, Quins began to dominate and after 25 minutes dragged themselves back into the game with a try.

Mark McLinden burst through the Saints defence and released Chris Melling, who went over for his first of the season.

The ascendancy was now with the home side and McLinden was proving a constant threat - his pass to Zeb Luisi nearly providing the Kiwi with a first try of the season but he was repelled by strong Saints defence.

World club champions St Helens eventually showed their class to score two tries in the final minutes of the half.

First Matt Gidley went over and then, right on the half-time hooter, Sean Long provided the pass for Pryce, who in turn slipped in Francis Meli to score.

Harlequins never got a look-in after the break as Saints ran in five unanswered tries in an all-star showing.

Steve Tyrer was the first to touch down, running half the length of the pitch to score. His effort seemed to open the floodgates as St Helens ran in tries at will.

Wellens then scored after being released by Long as Saints created chaos down the left flank.

Last season’s Man of Steel, Wellens, added another try to his account midway through the half, while further touchdowns from Willie Talau and Gidley completed the rout to condemn Quins to their third home loss of the season.

Harlequins RL: (6) 6
Tries: Melling
Goals: Purdham

St Helens: (20) 44
Tries: Pryce, Sculthorpe, Gidley 2, Meli, Tyrer, Wellens 2, Talau
Goals: Sculthorpe 3, Wellens

Harlequins RL: McLinden, Wells, T. Smith, Lucky Luisi, Melling, Hill, Orr, Temata, Randall, Heckenberg, Hopkins, Grayshon, Purdham.
Replacements: Rinaldi, Worrincy, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, A. Smith.

St Helens: Wellens, Tyrer, Gidley, Talau, Meli, Pryce, Long, Fozzard, Cunningham, Cayless, Sculthorpe, Bennett, Hargreaves.
Replacements: Roby, Graham, Clough, Fa’asavalu.

Referee: I Smith

Att: 4,362

Id have him back on a lot more than 50K, having him on the bench would greatly improve our go forward once Kite and King go off

him and randall can combine to do nothing!

McCarthy-Scarsbrook would have to be a pom with a name like that

With a name like that he should be playing for the waratahs. They would probably pay him $1m too.

Aaaaah....This is probably why he said Heckenberg was playing. I thought it was strange !!! Looks as though uno is still a pom !

To be honest I don't know why we let him go. I thought he was a great bench player. Better than Bryant and Rose are going at the moment anyway.

He asked for the release so he could get more money - think he is getting Kite like money over there. Maybe Monas will join them and we can change the name to the London Sea Eagles

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4