Danger match

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Hindmarsh said it perfectly tonight, if they play like that against us we'll put double what Souths did tonight.

I have expected Parra to win a game or 2 for a while now but they just keep failing.

Whilst they always lift against the Maroon & Whites, the way they have been going we surely can beat them well.

After the pounding from the bunnies everyone knows the Eels will start with great commitment, which is good because we don't want to go into a match thinking half-pace will cut it. However their confidence will be shot to ribbons which means we will definitely win, and probably quite comfortably.

After the media mauling they will receive this week, they will be very tough next week. Anyone expecting an easy game is mistaken. For Kearney to come out and say that just didn't put in is a reality check. If Parra had won by 50 I would be extremely confident

The only danger with this match is our players thinking they can beat them by 100, turning up and getting beaten by 30 themselves......remember in 2008 we lost (I think to Souths) in the last few games in a similar situation as this.....complacency.....the only danger!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
The only danger with this match is our players thinking they can beat them by 100, turning up and getting beaten by 30 themselves......remember in 2008 we lost (I think to Souths) in the last few games in a similar situation as this.....complacency.....the only danger!!

I agree, but Hayne does seem to love playing against the Sea Eagles!!

They will probably lift against us but if we can put a couple of tries on them early it'll put them in a "here we go again" state of mind.Hope we go for the jugular!

So, the criterion for a 'danger match' is playing a team that was thrashed the week before . . .
So, Parra, Easts and Canberra are specials next round, eh?

Don't forget we only just got past them not too long ago

They always seem to play well against us as well, can't recall the last time we actually gave them a belting'

I expect us to win, but won't be a walk in the park

Manly better take Parra seriously or we will come away with egg on our faces and a loss.

Yes it was against Souths in 08 KE just before the finals series which gave us a kick up the bum and a reality check

Kiwi Eagle said:
They always seem to play well against us as well, can't recall the last time we actually gave them a belting'

This is apparently the results of the last 20 games against Parra -

L7 L24 L3 W6 W2 L11 L6 L40 L6 L24 W1 L13 W10 W8 W4 W18 W24 L4 L7 W4

Source: http://stats.rleague.com/rl/teams/manly/manly_st.html

Kiwi Eagle said:

We were lucky to win against them at Brookie Oval with the last minute miracle kick and chase from Wolfie and Foz, this time it is at Parra Stadium on a saturday night probably with a full house supporting them. No one was there last night at ANZ just a few bunnies fans.

Make no mistake ladies and gentlemen, with all the shame heaped on these clowns through this week and in front of all their family and fans, this saturday night Parramatta will be a much tougher lot which will hardly resemble the shambolic bunch that got run over by the Bunnies.

[quote='
this time it is at Parra Stadium on a saturday night probably with a full house supporting them.

[/quote]

I doubt it. If they stick with the same team that they have announced I can see many Parra fans boycotting this match.
This is an ideal chance to blood some young players, and give their fans some hope they may unearth some talent.

brookiegreg said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

We were lucky to win against them at Brookie Oval with the last minute miracle kick and chase from Wolfie and Foz, this time it is at Parra Stadium on a saturday night probably with a full house supporting them. No one was there last night at ANZ just a few bunnies fans.

Make no mistake ladies and gentlemen, with all the shame heaped on these clowns through this week and in front of all their family and fans, this saturday night Parramatta will be a much tougher lot which will hardly resemble the shambolic bunch that got run over by the Bunnies.
I agree with you and Reni Matua back in the side will make a huge difference to them. We should win, but those predicting 30+ are seriously deluded and if our players go into the game thinking that way, then a bounce back upset could happen.

Remember when Panthers flogged Manly by 72-12 in 2004. Dessie turned it around. Next weekend Manly beat Newcastle 48-10.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/seas/2004.html

Sigh.........

Memories of Manly 64, Parramatta 12 at Parra stadium keep flooding back. Big Donnie Mckinnons great try.....

Some quotes from Mossop and Co.

at 58-12:

Mossop:
"well some of the Paramatta fans have realised the game is over and are leaving the arena at the moment....."

at 64-12:

Ian Maurice:
"64 to 12!. is that the 64 dollar question?"
Mossop:
"that's the 64 dollar answer"

Mossop:
"Haggett is living out of Crushers pocket!"

I love it. Still have this game on a video tape :)
I watch it from time to time. What a great side 1988 was - should have won the comp but for a windy afternoon down at Wests which cost them a top 3 spot after squandering a 22-4 lead to draw 22-22.

NYEagle

Certain sides lift against others no matter where they stand on the table. Due to 1947 and 70s/80s rivalry, there is rarely a time when one side or the other don't turn up.

We never have easy runs at Parra Stadium.

This week will not be easy in my mind and there is no way the players can start to think that way.

The good news is that Parra have a losing habit, have forgotten how to win. The bad news is that they went very close against us at Brookie and will play with the knowledge that they can beat us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6