Dane Chisholm - Happy to be Back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
NRL Sea Eagles: Dane Chisholm happy to be back
RUGBY LEAGUE
20 NOV 12 @ 10:10AM BY JON GEDDES

SEA Eagles recruit Dane Chisholm will be motivated by the memory of his late dad Rick whenever the going gets tough next season.

``I write his name on my wrist, it's a little thing I do before every game,'' the exciting young utility back revealed.

Rick was a Manly first grader who became part of club folklore in 1980 when he scored all of his side's points in the 17-14 win over Cronulla at Brookvale Oval.

After his two tries, five goals and a field goal he received the Dally M trophy for the best individual effort of the season.

Rick died in 2007 aged just 48 after a long illness, but is never far from his son's thoughts.

``It gives you that extra little bit of drive knowing you want to do it for him as well as yourself,'' Dane said.

``He never coached me but was very vocal from the sideline. I know he would be over the moon that I am back at Manly.''

Chisholm started playing with North Curl Curl when he was four before moving to Mullumbimby.

He spent three seasons with the Melbourne Storm before joining Balmain this year.

Now he is back at his spiritual home on the northern beaches and could not be happier.

His uncle Wayne Chisholm is also a Manly junior who played for the Sea Eagles and his family have been stalwarts on the peninsula for more than half a century.

``I've always wanted to play for Manly and they have been my dream team,'' Chisholm said.

``I've never been at a club that feels more like home.''

Dane has watched video of his dad's memorable game against the Sharks and has clearly inherited his pointscoring ability.

He has twice scored five tries in a game for the Storm National Youth Competiton side in a semi against Souths in 2009 and again this year for the Balmain NSW Cup side against Wests.

He also racked up a club record 32 points in another game for Balmain this year which was a new club record.

While he can play anywhere in the backline, Chisholm's preferred position is five-eighth.

``I want to get as many first games as I can this year,'' he said.

``Work hard in pre-season and hopefully get the rewards a bit later in the season.''

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/nrl-sea-eagles-dane-chisholm-happy-to-be-back/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was an amazing display by the cheekiest half back I'd ever seen play for Manly :D

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/scorers/games/1980/198006070713.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome home Dane, hope you do your Dad proud for many Manly years :angel:

Though that new Titans half/hooker may have the jump on Dane, he could really add some spark around the ruck with his pace & footwork as an impact off the bench. Keen to see him in action in 2013.

Welcome back to the Northern Beaches Dane! All the best for the 2013 season :)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6