Dan - TGA medical files

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let's have a spelling test Byso. Or maybe comprehension.

You're really good at those..............................Not.

[quote author=byso]
Why don't you give proof that to the contrary?

because the onus of proof is not on me. **** man read the posts!
[/quote]

I've had a quick read. You tell me were Mata says that he must show proof (if you can find it within this thread, Cut and paste it).

Mata simply started the discussion with an article then you carried on with your usual circular crap!

Cheers

byso please....

He made the initial statement and intitial claim and therefore the onus of proof is him. he doesnt have to say "Hey I have to prove it" damn man you are frustratingly dense sometimes

[quote author=PJ]
[quote author=Goldie]

In saying that, there are many pot smokers who are not predisposed to a mental illness who can quite happily go along sucking down their bongs without any major mental health issues!

Agree 100% and if people think there is no link between pot use and depression/ mental problems they are kidding themselves and have obviously not had alot to do with pot smokers/ ex-pot smokers.
I also agree that some people can suck down bongs until the cows come home with no issues.

[/quote]

Hmmmm? Hardly conclusive.

I know what dan is saying. Without conclusive proof, marijuana cannot be soley blamed for mental problems in smokers.

I think, like the rest of us, deep down he probably knows there are links but without proof he will not yeild.

However, since true feelings aren't what win a debate, i'm with dan on this one.

Give me proof, not hearsay or bias.
[/quote]

1. You have been given proof, or did you decide to ignore matas original post just for the sake of trying to follow Dan again?

2. Dan i argueing that whilst there is at least 1 piece of writing out there that does not 100% agree with matas arguement then it is not comclusive - this is not true. If you had ever done debating properly you would know that you cant win an arguement by argueing a small technicality that cannot be proven to be wrong until every last person on earth has been questioned and agrees otherwise. - I tried this in year 7 and lost.

3. Conclusive - Serving to put an end to doubt, question, or uncertainty;. As the fonz said - deep down there isnt any doubt - just an arguement to win.

Basically when you start argueing a technicality rather than the subject matter your waving the white flag.

[quote author=PJ]
[quote author=Goldie]

In saying that, there are many pot smokers who are not predisposed to a mental illness who can quite happily go along sucking down their bongs without any major mental health issues!

Agree 100% and if people think there is no link between pot use and depression/ mental problems they are kidding themselves and have obviously not had alot to do with pot smokers/ ex-pot smokers.
I also agree that some people can suck down bongs until the cows come home with no issues.

[/quote]

Hmmmm? Hardly conclusive.

I know what dan is saying. Without conclusive proof, marijuana cannot be soley blamed for mental problems in smokers.

I think, like the rest of us, deep down he probably knows there are links but without proof he will not yeild.

However, since true feelings aren't what win a debate, i'm with dan on this one.

Give me proof, not hearsay or bias.
[/quote]

I cannot give you conclusive proof, but what I can give you is my experience in this field. I will not say that pot can be soley blamed for mental health problems BUT there is a definite link between the 2!
I am not the only health professional that concludes this, as I have spoken to others with many years of experience who also agree. There have also been numerous research papers that have been written about this very subject and also concur that there is a link.
The person has to have a pre-disposition to a mental health disorder that lies dormant until it is triggered by the chemicals within a particular drug.
Also by talking and taking medical histories from patients and their families, the majority say that there was no mental health issue prior to usage of pot. Try telling these people that there is no link!

Dont worry goldie - they must also believe that smoking doesnt give you lung cancer as not all people who smoke get lung cancer - therefore there can be doubt in some peoples mind

Dont worry goldie - they must also believe that smoking doesnt give you lung cancer as not all people who smoke get lung cancer - therefore there can be doubt in some peoples mind
:clap:
It also goes along the same lines that drink driving doesn't kill people because not all people who drink & drive die.......

[quote author=Fluffy]
:clap:
It also goes along the same lines that drink driving doesn't kill people because not all people who drink & drive die.......
[/quote]

Sorry guys but this has been conclusively proven in many scientific researches and is well documented.

THe argument that I am putting up is this.

Matas posted that this group made a conclusion based on 119 references of others studies
However the studies that were used have not been listed or published, so how can WE draw a correct conclusion beyond mere assumption without knowing what studies were used.

The fact there are 119 references shows immediately that there could not have been an equal amount of arguments for and against, therefore we can not 100% trust that the study was not in some way biased, if only by the information used to draw the conclusion.

May I ask how many are needed for a correct scientific research group?

1000 for those who dont know.

We are not really saying that there is not a link between drug use and depression, that is not the argumnt, Matas presented flawed information in support for his side of the argument. from there I have only seen personal opinion, and a lack of comprehension as to the debate being put forth!

Did you really post that at 1am Dan? Things must be lonely at home.

I didn't present anything Dan. A statutory body with no vested interests made a summary of a mountain of medical reports. In fact one could argue the TGA have a vested interest to disprove the link, could you not?

Anyway, never mind, we will continue this discussion if it seems that there's a need.

I think Fonz must be Dans little brother, or Dan himself with a different login, yes man is an understatement :)

Did you really post that at 1am Dan? Things must be lonely at home.

I didn't present anything Dan. A statutory body with no vested interests made a summary of a mountain of medical reports. In fact one could argue the TGA have a vested interest to disprove the link, could you not?

Anyway, never mind, we will continue this discussion if it seems that there's a need.

yeah it was posted at 1 am I went out to dinner with the CEO and a few other big wigs from the US and got way too drunk, didnt get home until about 1 am and was burning a DVD before I went to sleep so jumped on line......enough justification!

I know what a debate is - it's where you need an adjudicator to decide the winner as far as I could see this is a forum and I am giving my opinion.
I've nominated why I have an interest in this issue and why I would support other peoples evidence due to them being nurses etc.- what can you bring to the table as far as your knowledge on the subject it seems you have a vast amount of knowledge ...or are you just out to win the debate and prove your intellectual worth?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

yeah it was posted at 1 am I went out to dinner with the CEO and a few other big wigs from the US and got way too drunk, didnt get home until about 1 am
PM me how that went BTW.

nothing to tell really, I said my piece and thats pretty much it, this week will be interesting though

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4