Damn Referees

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan link said:
Funny how everyone is wrapping the chooks, they scrape home by one point.

If they lost they would be out.

But that's the point, they won. They were gone for most of the game, but just hung in there. That's real ticker, that's the sort of ticker that wins the comp.

They will beat Penrith, of that I'm sure, the NRL pets, well maybe I'm just hopefull

Jethro link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=185278.msg293576#msg293576 date=1284275191]
Was Hornby onside for that try.

They never checked that and I have my doubts.

That's the question that I asked in the "Half Time" thread. I'm sure that he was about a metre to a metre and a half in front of the kicker.
[/quote]
Just had another look. He was onside.

ayjay007 link said:
.BTW,I think Balin (was it Matt-for the hit on \"dracula\" soward) could be in trouble too!That would be 3 top line players on suspension.Not a good look!
G Stewart, S Matai, J King + M Ballin = 4
yes I know King only copped a week but our discipline is very poor.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=185278.msg293592#msg293592 date=1284276890]
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=185278.msg293576#msg293576 date=1284275191]
Was Hornby onside for that try.

They never checked that and I have my doubts.

That's the question that I asked in the "Half Time" thread. I'm sure that he was about a metre to a metre and a half in front of the kicker.
[/quote]
Just had another look. He was onside.
[/quote]

Thanks dude.

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185278.msg293676#msg293676 date=1284279538]
As you are yours.

The penalty count was like that because of stupid  ity on our behalf and often. We have been doing it all year.
Sure there were a few penalties that were dodgy calls but by and large we cost ourselves.

You can't honestly be that blind to think the refs cost us that game.

Watmough had a brain explosion with knees in hornby. We laid all over tackles and played at the ball often.

I must be blind i cant even see where i posted the refs cost us the game.

[/quote]

You certainly did, I wasn't referring/talking to you, believe it or not Fluffy there is more than you in this entire conversation

The refs, especially Maxwell got absolutely milked today. The crowd were booing 3 or 4 tackles every set and the refs just caved in. Very soft performance with the whistle. I'm still trying to figure out what Watmough got reported and binned for.

Thats finals footy and the benefit of having a home semi!

Ref's did not stop us from scoring when we had 3 sets in a row in the first half

They were too good for us - and reminded me of us in 96

Dan link said:
Thats finals footy and the benefit of having a home semi!

Agreed, it's called home ground advantage. We didn't lose the game today because of the refereeing because we were unable to score any points. I do, however, believe that the scoreline would have been much closer had the referring been of a higher quality.

It really says something when Jarrod Maxwell is considered amongst the top 4 or even top 8 referees.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=ayjay007 link=topic=185278.msg293762#msg293762 date=1284282914]
.BTW,I think Balin (was it Matt-for the hit on \"dracula\" soward) could be in trouble too!That would be 3 top line players on suspension.Not a good look!
G Stewart, S Matai, J King + M Ballin = 4
yes I know King only copped a week but our discipline is very poor.
[/quote]

Yeh,I left poor Kingy out,cause he's done his time now...but you're right,it's poor discipline.

We just didn't have the game plan to put on tries.  Their defense worked us out and we lost.  That's all.  The best part of the day was not conceding a record score.  You cannot win a game of footie with 42% of the ball. 

I can acknowledge the better team won and that we made errors in the game that cost us.

Its also important to be straight up with acknowledging the mistakes the officials made, and on our side of that ledger, both Cooper trys were off forward passes. And by a decent margin too.

When they are obvious wrong calls they need to be exposed to the light of day.

Gasnier threw three forward passes in a row and not one pulled up. There were so many instances of poor calls today. There is no doubt that if this continues through the finals then a team will be out and they shouldn't be - and it will be all over the papers.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4