Daly's magic carpet ride

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Phantar

Bencher
Manly media coverage today

JUST 50 minutes of playing time in two months isn’t much action but for the Sea Eagles star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans it was a fitting end to a 12-month magical sporting carpet ride.

Read the full article

RE: Manly media coverage today

Although Mr Peters allows himself another dig at Bob Reilly. Watch for that to play out in coming days, courtesy of the Bulldog. And wasn't Zorba appointed, rather than elected to the Board, himself?

RE: Manly media coverage today

I cannot believe Zorba!
Sacked from Manly's Media Manager position but still a Board member and here he is, blabbing about a constitutional matter in the press!

That guy can't have any brains!
Zorba, pls keep your personal opinions about a MWFC or MW League Club out of the press.
Talk about not airing your dirty laundry in public.

Two points overlooked by Zorba:
1) DCE's talent got him where he is, not magic
2) Krillich withdrew, so Zorba merely filled the hole

IMO Pasting the MW Clubs' constitution does not provide news copy in a week filled with newsworthy events:s

The new Media Group and the ever responsive Larissa, are right on top of promoting Manly :angel:

It's time for the Manly Daily to move Zorba on too, especially if he is just going to use his column for political grandstanding and his personal axes to grind.

The fans are sick of his negativity. We have slowly been getting some positive press and the bloke who supposedly loves the Club has managed to come up with 3 negative columns in 3 weeks since returning from his holiday.

Get Killer or Kingy to do the column with the help of the new media manager.

It is a pity Beaver is not back yet as he would make the perfect columnist. I would much rather read Beaver's comments on the day to day goings on than Zorba's agenda ridden bile.

So is he saying the members should elect the representatives for the MWSE board ?? Or the members of the FC and LC boards should elect their reps for the MWSE board ?

How does it work now ? I assume that the chairman of each board is elected and then he/she selects representatives for the MWSE board ??

Weill I think he saying that the members should elect the MWSE reps from the respective football/leagues club boards. Personally I feel this has merit and it will ensure the members/fans are more engaged/have more input into the board and will ensure ensure board members are held to account if they are any more **** ups like Des Gate.

I wonder what the thoughts are of the Football club board members like Vidmar, Jonesy and Rory on this proposal ?

Peter Peters has another agenda going on. The man can't help himself. The sooner we clear out the old stock the sooner we will have stability. Now that Des is gone, Perry has room to breathe and has more say. I'm hoping to see good things from him down the track. We need more supporters and we need to make a profit. The Gravy Train has stop at the station. Permanently !!!!

The Wheel said:
I wonder what the thoughts are of the Football club board members like Vidmar, Jonesy and Rory on this proposal ?

I would hope they think the most important thing is for the Football Club to be represented at the Sea Eagles by the BEST people available and that choice of person should not be limited to those 7 people who put their hand up to be on the Football Club Board.

Same for the Leagues Club. Darrell Williams may have no interest in running a gambling and entertainment venue and therefore may not wasn't to be on the Leagues Club Board, but he is a great choice to contribute as a Sea Eagles Director.

If his actions on the Sea Eagles Board are not properly representing the interests of the Leagues Club, then the Leagues Club Board can replace him. Same goes for m Melinda Gainsford-Taylor.

The Football Club and Leagues Club members elect their Boards to run the entire organisations. If the Boards can't be relied on to appoint the right people to the Board of the Sea Eagles then the organisations will have much bigger problems closer to home than what is going on at the Sea Eagles

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2