Daly prepared to step up for goalkicking duties with Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

we used to do it for bragging rights between me and a mate
Haha sometimes that's all you have! Like we also used to try get it through the posts on kick offs when we were getting flogged which was pretty often. Our coach by then had kind of stopped giving a ****.

Haha sometimes that's all you have! Like we also used to try get it through the posts on kick offs when we were getting flogged which was pretty often. Our coach by then had kind of stopped giving a ****.

Oooh, was it Geoff Toovey?

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKES

Come onnnnnnnn :)

Toovey would have gone :mad: then probably blamed the ball or something
nah there would have been an issue with the handling of the tee or possibly the behaviour of the ball boys. Or maybe the nrl has created a weather machine and is causing the wind to pick up as we kick. Definitely a conspiracy in there somewhere :lipssealed:.

And if anyone wants a comparison to a top line kicker.
Adam Reynolds:
2012: 85.09% (114 attempts)
2013: 90.09% (111 attempts)
2014: 79.17% (120 attempts)

those stats win games

I've said it before, goalkicking stats are great but they don't tell you from where they were. If your team is running it in near the posts regularly then the kicks will be easier.
Yes, I'll concede that Reynolds is the best but saying Jamie is slipping based on raw stats isn't quite right.

I'm sorry. Truly professional athletes love to refine every aspect of their abilities- to be the best that they can be. Why wouldn't you want to add another string to your bow?
Ridiculous.
And crazy too that as of yesterday no one was practicing to take goals this week?
Tooves? You're killing me ... and I'm one of the ones on your side!!!!

I've said it before, goalkicking stats are great but they don't tell you from where they were. If your team is running it in near the posts regularly then the kicks will be easier.
Yes, I'll concede that Reynolds is the best but saying Jamie is slipping based on raw stats isn't quite right.
Especially last year. You had Hiku putting it down in the corner a lot.

You don't need stats Stu. Just watch the game. Does anyone seriously have any confidence Jamie will definitely kick a reasonably difficult goal? Simple answer is No.

I Love killer but I would have to say he is the worst regular kicker in the comp over the last couple of seasons. Every time I see Reynolds line up a kick I think he will get it. Massive difference and over a season in a close comp like ours it may mean 4 or 6 competition points and is a massive boost to the rest of the players knowing 4 = 6 almost every time they score.

You don't need stats Stu. Just watch the game. Does anyone seriously have any confidence Jamie will definitely kick a reasonably difficult goal. No. Every time I see Reynolds line up a kick I think he will get it. Massive difference and over a season in a close comp like ours it may mean 4 or 6 competition points.
You know what I find most frustrating about Jamie. The last few seasons I've noticed he misses wide ones early and then nails the second or third attempt. Its like he doesn't practice and the first one is his warm up kick. IT PISSES ME OFF!

the amount of exercise, weight training, blood, sweat, and tears......strategies, game plans, attacking structures, and the list goes on and on....the amount of effort going into scoring a try which is worth 4 points......you'd think a major amount of effort would go into perfecting a craft that is worth 2 points, or 50% worth of a friggen try!

I've thought this for a billion trillion years....then Halligan came along.....the superboot.....but it still staggers me how sometimes goalkicking is just treated as a nice bonus.

Practise your friggen kicking!!!!

Well Lurker is reporting that Maloney is available for 750K. But he'd probably come here, stop practicing and turn into a chump...

the amount of exercise, weight training, blood, sweat, and tears......strategies, game plans, attacking structures, and the list goes on and on....the amount of effort going into scoring a try which is worth 4 points......you'd think a major amount of effort would go into perfecting a craft that is worth 2 points, or 50% worth of a friggen try!

I've thought this for a billion trillion years....then Halligan came along.....the superboot.....but it still staggers me how sometimes goalkicking is just treated as a nice bonus.

Practise your friggen kicking!!!!
I always marvel at how coaches seem to ignore situational coaching. One of the first things I would do is teach 2-3 players how to kick a field goal and game plan a play that gets one of them in a position with minimal pressure. Every time I watch a golden point game it looks like the first time the player has ever attempted a field goal.

The lack of conversation practice brings the same anger from me. Common sense is not that common from what I've heard.

I always marvel at how coaches seem to ignore situational coaching. One of the first things I would do is teach 2-3 players how to kick a field goal and game plan a play that gets one of them in a position with minimal pressure. Every time I watch a golden point game it looks like the first time the player has ever attempted a field goal.

The lack of conversation practice brings the same anger from me. Common sense is not that common from what I've heard.
And what about drop outs too - horrible going back to at least Orford.

If Maloney is available surely we are putting in an offer.

What about Isaac John from the Panthers. Is he any good. Does anyone rate him?

Its a shame that Gutho is out, cause he is the answer to this problem.

If i remember correctly wasn't DCE the goal kicker for the first 4 rounds in 2011?

Is it just me or is it alarming that a club does not have it's back up kickers doing some sort of regular practice?

I would have thought it was one of those things you just did as a just in case thing (much like they must train for players being injured during the match etc)

Its a shame that Gutho is out, cause he is the answer to this problem.

If i remember correctly wasn't DCE the goal kicker for the first 4 rounds in 2011?
Solid drop out too. DCE is better than other options but he does the old crowd killer which gives the chasers no time. You need someone who can get under it with length too. Can we get Gutho resigned ASAP please!

Hopefully he is foxing (about this week) - that's the only logical explanation. Tooves did mention something about Matai and DCE kicking well in training but not in games in an interview recently.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6