Daly gives up the grog (for now)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
I hope this doesn't affect his sidestep...

"In an interview with The Daily Telegraph, Cherry-Evans said schooners of beer have been decreased significantly along with Ben and Jerry’s ice-cream tubs, a favourite post-dinner snack he would devour five times a week.
“I wanted to make sure when I came back to training I gave myself every chance to be at peak physical fitness,” Cherry-Evans said. “I did that by staying off the booze and definitely tidying up my diet.
“There is also that feeling of waking up in the morning and not having a foggy head from drinking schooners. There will be a time and place for that to continue but I’ve pulled back for now.
“The best way to explain it is when I drink I have a few. I don’t drink midweek. But if I drink with the boys, yeah, I’d have a fair few. Sacrificing that for a while has been hard."

I’ve been off the grog myself... it really is amazing how much difference it makes in terms of cardio and general energy levels during a workout. I’ve trained religiously (just for you @MuzztheEagle lol) for the last 20 years and noticed how hard it was for me to drop a few kg after the Christmas/New Year period this year, so I flicked the p1ss.

When they’re young they can get away with it... DCE would realise a significant difference with being of the schooners at 30 one would think. All bodes well for a big year.

Last edited:
You're surely kidding Loobs! DCE has always been the fittest in the club since he's been at Manly and he has obviously just taken it to another level. Maybe he has done it as an example to guys like Suli or, he's been having dinner with the Dassler on too many occasions, because when it came to fitness, Des was a nut case.

Speaking of 'setting an example'...during that video interview on the club website with Josh Schuster and Ben Turbo, Schuster goes to some length to explain what a champion bloke DCE is, and how he will give the young guys all the time in the world if they want to ask him anything. The guy takes his role seriously, don't worry about that...

You're surely kidding Loobs! DCE has always been the fittest in the club since he's been at Manly and he has obviously just taken it to another level. Maybe he has done it as an example to guys like Suli or, he's been having dinner with the Dassler on too many occasions, because when it came to fitness, Des was a nut case.
Yeah...spot on mate.

I'm actually not. Like you said - he's the fittest at the club and if he had another gear, it would have been nice for him to want to use it a few million dollars ago.

For all the talk of professionalism in league it still has too big of a culture set around getting on the piss...

Well im off the grog for the next six months, im hoping to get half a gear, a full gear would be awesome.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2