[Resurrected] Daly Cherry-Evans calls on teammates to lift him into Origin jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The boys need to start winning games for Manly and stop thinking about origin. DCE is a great player who with a good 5/8 assisting him is one of the best halfs in the game. But at the moment he is one his own and he can't do it all. It is not surprising that he is starting to make poor decisions with low percentage plays at the wrong time of the game. He won't be picked by the QLD selectors whilst that is occurring. Api is not a 5/8 and I hope Barrett doesn't go there. Our spine at present is not functioning. Unless this situation is fixed we will continue to perform like we did on Sunday and will be lucky to finish on 24 competition points. Origin should be the last thing on their minds. We have a lot to fix!

Queensland can deny it all they want, I suspect DCE has had his card market by the brains trust in that side.

Being objective, I see too that DCE is a bloody good player but still lacks the consistency at the highest level to game manage which truly decides origin games.

In terms of origin, cherry could go on the bench maybe, but he isnt complete enough to play in the 6 or 7 at this stage. In saying that i support nsw so i wouldnt be concerned if he was picked. ( manly aside)

In saying that if he came out in origin , ran the show, kicked judiciously, played with patience it would send me over the edge

DCE has been very good in 2018.
His defence is solid and recall 3 last tackle options where Titans ran the ball and DCE made trysavers.
His interception was a 10-12 point turn around and the lift that should have got Manly home.
The Kick on tackle 1 was hard to fathom, even with the old "Instinctive player" card it was not even on with a winger waiting would have been a poor option on tackle 6 let alone tackle 1....equal to the bizarre Croker play ball as the game killer plays on the day.
I will say in DCE defence, he was a massive part of keeping them in the game and has been an improved leader this season.

DCE has been very good in 2018.
His defence is solid and recall 3 last tackle options where Titans ran the ball and DCE made trysavers.
His interception was a 10-12 point turn around and the lift that should have got Manly home.
The Kick on tackle 1 was hard to fathom, even with the old "Instinctive player" card it was not even on with a winger waiting would have been a poor option on tackle 6 let alone tackle 1....equal to the bizarre Croker play ball as the game killer plays on the day.
I will say in DCE defence, he was a massive part of keeping them in the game and has been an improved leader this season.
The Dud kick on tackle one when we trailed 20-22 and we had the on the ropes changed the momentum, it was a costly mistake!!

We all know DCE is gonna be doing the Cate Campbell face when the side is announced...

468a402279b6ac57e5457ca2b9477222.jpg

Im really torn on this. On one hand we tom and jake and now api possible to make nsw. And with qld's aging stars now is the time for nsw to shine .having those guys come back from a n.s.w blitz will lift our team massively. On the other hand if dce is picked and qld get whitewashed qld will be baying for dce' blood. Which will affect his game. If only cherry was n.s.w . Dammmmm.

Don’t think Chez has anything to worry about. He’ll be first picked & will lead the Maroons to a 2 - 1 series victory. He’s been our best player all year & deserves the recognition. Just my opinion.....
My friend keary and cleary will destroy him... along with tedesco turbo wighton. Dce sucks in origin. 1 excellent game thats it. Now no slater (turbo) to help he has been average. No one else to pick

The good news is origin 1 confirmed for Adelaide oval

Woo Hooo , Nov 4 sounds like its going to be a good beer day

Bad news is that Freddie really wants Tommy to be playing for the Blues.

I can’t see how he’ll be up to it after 12 weeks out injured, maybe 2 games and then another rest during the finals before SoO, against guys who will be carrying niggles but who’ve got higher match fitness.

He’ll have to be under done with regards to his match fitness and then he’ll be trying to play three straight games of arguably the toughest footy on Earth.

I fear that he’s just being setup for another injury and probably heavy criticism if he doesn’t play to his usual high standards.

And that headline from 2 years ago is why he is not a leader of men. He blames players around him for short comings including his own. The lack of team harmony on display out on the field this year is a tell tale sign.

And that headline from 2 years ago is why he is not a leader of men. He blames players around him for short comings including his own. The lack of team harmony on display out on the field this year is a tell tale sign.
We have certainly looked like a side lacking team harmony in the last couple of months. I would love to know what the cause or causes are because they need to be addressed and fixed before next season.

Just got my ticket advice and am conflicted
Got 2 tickets at 175 each and due to covid could be seated anywhere
Starting to lose its appeal
Its not a league ground so preferred seating is ideal

I understand of course but ................faaaark that
I wear glasses for a reason

At least now i can get my coin back. Haven't allowed it before this

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4