Dally M - Coach of the Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
So tomorrow is the big day. I've been doing a bit of thinking about the various awards. Given how close the competition is this year its a pretty tough job trying to pick who'll get any of the awards.

However, i just wanted to throw a smokey out there for coach of the year. Sure you could give it to Craig Bellamy again, but seriously, what coach couldn't get a decent season out of his line-up? I don't think dessy is in line. Not because he's no good, not because he's taken a side from nuffies to main contenders in a few years. I just think critics see manly as a solid team and not much more.

I seriously wouldn't mind seeing the award go to Niel Henry. You look at the relative bunch of nobodies at his club. You've got tongue monaghan and carney who really are the only ones you would consider for rep duties. Then look at the number of injuries the club has had to deal with. I don't know exactly how many it is but they have been hit harder than any club i've ever seen mount up an injury toll. Then take into account the off field garbage from carney the unrest that would have cause the club. Its a credit to Henry that his club was able to finish 6th this season. For all intensive purposes they should have gone close to running last as it was at the start of the season. Throw in everything they've had to deal with and its just about got to be one hell of a coaching job to keep them in the running.

Thoughts?

I would agree with Neil Henry and also as another smokey I would throw Ivan Cleary into the mix.

however I would say you will find the race will be between

- Bellamy
- Hasler
- Cartwright (for their early form)
- Ricky Stewart
- Fittler

Bellamy to get it as usual

I would've thought that Henry is an absolute special, in the true spirit of what that award is about.
If he doesn't win it, there's something wrong with the way it's calculated.

I'd have Hasler, Smith & Bellamy up there too. Stuart, the little turd, has also done a good job with limited resourses.

I agree with Duff, Henry is an absolute sprecial.  Not a smokey at all. 

Like you say Flip, with the squad he has which in some respects amounts to a bunch of nobodies and the amount of injuries they have he has done a remarkable job.  On top of that throw in all the bullsh!t they have had to deal with regarding Carney. 

Shame he is going to the Cowboys, would have been great to see him have another season at the Raiders.  Although in saying that this season is not over for them yet.....

Hasler should have got it last year, I wouldn't expect he's much of a chance this year.

Bellamy shouldn't get it based on his coaching of NSW and the team he picked.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6