Dale Shearer's big Manly mistake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
SEA Eagles great Dale Shearer has broken a 23-year silence on his controversial 1990 walkout on Manly, describing it as the "worst decision of my career."

"If I had my time again I would have stayed and played out my career with the club under Bob Fulton who was the best coach I ever had," Shearer said.

The former Queensland Origin and Test star won a premiership with Manly in 1987 and played 86 games for the club.
The brilliant utility back was refreshingly honest and open in an interview with ex-Brisbane, Queensland and Australian prop Shane Webcke at a 25-year anniversary dinner at Suncorp Stadium prior to last Friday's Manly v Brisbane opening premiership match.
Shearer didn't hide the fact that he considered the Sea Eagles his favourite club despite playing for Brisbane, Gold Coast and North Queensland after leaving the maroon and whites. "Manly is the club where I played my best football," he said.

VICTORY SONG THRILL
MANLY coach Geoff Toovey blew me away when he asked me to lead the players in the team victory song after last Friday's great win over the Brisbane Broncos.
It was a great honour and I didn't have to think twice.
Watching the excited players join in with gusto capped a wonderful night.
I was called in to stand in for veteran life member Warwick Bulmer who has led the team in the victory song for more than 10 years.
Bulmer was heading back to Sydney with the under-20 team and missed the NRL match last Friday. He will be back on deck and hopefully doing his regular gig after the Newcastle match.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6