Daily Telegraph

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
D9BC19C5-8B27-41D0-8924-889299B3563A.jpeg

I would like a journo to one day investigate the psychology of hoodoos. I believe certain sporting teams have bogey teams. Most people dismiss it as coincidence.
But ever since Cronulla entered the comp they have struggled against Manly. (strangely, if my memory serves me Manly's largest defeat was by the Sharks).
There must be something to it.
I am always more confident of a Manly victory over Cronulla than any other team, and that includes this week's match with the Titans.
Cronulla does seem to play poorly against us, but we definitely lift.
I recall Canberra beating St George something like 16 times in a row, and St George were a much stronger team for most of those years.
Thoughts?

I would like a journo to one day investigate the psychology of hoodoos. I believe certain sporting teams have bogey teams. Most people dismiss it as coincidence.
But ever since Cronulla entered the comp they have struggled against Manly. (strangely, if my memory serves me Manly's largest defeat was by the Sharks).
I am always more confident of a Manly victory over Cronulla than any other team, and that includes this week's match with the Titans.
I recall Canberra beating St George something like 16 times in a row, and St George were a much stronger team for most of those years.
Thoughts?

I remember Parramatta being a bogey team for Brisbane about 10 years ago, likewise Penrith for Easts.

Thoughts?
The largest defeat was the one at Brookie when Hoppa clotheslines Galloway?

The largest defeat was the one at Brookie when Hoppa clotheslines Galloway?
Are you judging that because Galloway was lifted off his-feet?
Actually we won that match. I was there and the incident was sickening.
I think we lead 14-nil or so and managed to hang on with 12 men.
But Cronulla beat us at Shark Park by 60-plus points a decade or more ago.

I was there too. I was in the Fulton-Menzies stand and at first everyone just thought it was a monster hit. It was round 2 2005.

Round 24 the same year is the 60 point loss at shark park.

Thoughts?

Yep, one of my best mates is a Goons supporter ( actually a couple are )..2005, getting spanked by the Raiders his wife cheered him up at halftime and his 2nd daughter was born late December.
He knows the Raiders are their bogey team, don't reckon he's seen or cared about a second half in ages...but for some reason he secretly looked forward to a Raiders game..
Funny bout that year - Raiders smashed Dragons, next week Dragons smash us, following week we smash Raiders.

• 😆
Reactions: R3
They are the Manly misfits, a motley collection of unwanted players just wanting a chance – and some lovin’.

There was the kid on debut, Cade Cust. Then there’s Brendan Elliot, Tom Trbojevic’s fill-in at fullback, centre Brad Parker, winger Reuben Garrick and halfback Kane Elgey.

One player manager reckons their total salary cap worth would be around $650,000 – a pittance compared to the glamorous Sydney Roosters and South Sydney backlines.
And you can throw in bench players Jack Gosiewski, Corey Waddell and Morgan Boyle. They aren’t well known but, boy, are they having a go.

...etc....

:)

One of the loudest hits I've ever heard. Standing next to my sharks supporting mate and his first words were "he's killed him"

Then I’d say des is confusing him with metcalf! He came to manly from scone for Harold Matthews.
Des had ScoNo on his mind :giggle:

The 650k Cap comment is also inaccurate as Walker is on 600k himself and every other NRL player is a minimum contract of 105k @:cool:

Thoughts?

:nerd::think:
I hate it when someone asks me to think. Runs totally against my beliefs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8