Daily Reveals Manly's Backline Problems are Over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader

AFTER collecting a hat-trick of tries in Valley United's comfortable 44-22 win over Narraweena on Sunday, fullback Sam Murphy revealed he would love another crack at the NRL.

The 25-year-old, who played for the Sea Eagles from 2001-04, has been in scintillating form for the Spartans since joining the A Grade club from French outfit Toulouse.

Murphy was cut by Manly in 2004 but insists a resurrection is not beyond him.

"I was fairly young when I first came into first grade and probably didn't realise how good I had it until it was gone," he said.

"If another opportunity came along then I'd be happy to have a look at it.

"But at the moment I'm really enjoying life and enjoying playing for Valley."

And the Spartans are the ones reaping the benefits.

Murphy, combining beautifully with former Eagles teammate Jason Ferris, scored two first half tries to help Valley to a 26-10 lead at Harbord Park on Sunday.

He picked up his third in the second half as the minor premiers kept the Hawks out of reach without overly extending themselves.

"Sam's been great for us and I don't think it would be beyond him if he wanted to play NRL again," said Valley coach Brent Byrne, who instigated Murphy's move to the club.

"He's been a big part of our success so far and now we've just got to make sure we finish it off.

"There is a really good feeling in the club at the moment but we know there is still work to be done to win the whole thing."

Narraweena coach Craig Elmas was at a loss to explain his team's lethargic display.

"We were absolutely awful. If we'd played our best and lost I'd be concerned but we just weren't on our game at all," he said.

"That's not taking anything away from Valley, who are a class act, but you need to be at your best to beat them and we were a long way off that.

"They are beatable but you need to be on your game to have any chance."

In other results, Berowra defeated Belrose 62-10 and Narrabeen beat Pennant Hills 32-10. :lie: :lie: :lie:

I was reading that same article this morning whilst enjoying my breakfast. I nearly choked on my raisin toast.

Sam Murphy ??

JESUS WEPT !!!!!!!!!!!

I know someone who will be excited by this news.

yeah mate - always like hearing about the mighty maroon and white berowra boys doing well

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4