Current success is down to 3 players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Time to kill all credibility:

This time last year we were 3 from 6. The squad is unchanged except for the addition of Lyon.

What is the difference this year? Our attack is worse and the team defense has improved.

I say put it down to Jason King and Glen Stewart stepping up way past expectations and Kite starting the season as a gun. The rest of the team can go home now.
:clap: :clap: :)

Agree there. But what about Glen Stewart. I can't believe the bloke has stepped up like he is and is already being mentioned in origin circles.

What about city v country next week.

Is it possible we could see all these players go:

Kite
King
Stewy 1
Stewy 2
Orford
Lyon
Watmough

Thank god we are only backing up against the raiders.

I think credit really needs to be given to the training and football staff at the Sea Eagles for Glenn Stewart

They saw his potential and groomed him for first grade, gave him a few tastes and let him know what he needed to work on. They didnt throw him in too early they held him back until he was ready. He is now ready and doing a gun job.

What else can be said but that the staff have done a brilliant job with him

This time last year we were 3 from 6. The squad is unchanged except for the addition of Lyon.
You could add Matt Ballin to the additions list MB, his contribution can not be overlooked.

Your other forward observations are spot on

I think credit really needs to be given to the training and football staff at the Sea Eagles for Glenn Stewart

They saw his potential and groomed him for first grade, gave him a few tastes and let him know what he needed to work on. They didnt throw him in too early they held him back until he was ready. He is now ready and doing a gun job.

What else can be said but that the staff have done a brilliant job with him

And the timing of it is just amazing. Right when the team needed a boost up front we have him come virtually out of nowhere with the additional resurgence of King and the ongoing form of Kite.

Theres no coincidence in Ballins good timing and you have to suspect that Groom and the like will also be nurtured this way. Its as though everything crystallised at a particular point in the off season. Very impressed i am.

Agree there. But what about Glen Stewart. I can't believe the bloke has stepped up like he is and is already being mentioned in origin circles.

What about city v country next week.

Is it possible we could see all these players go:

Kite
King
Stewy 1
Stewy 2
Orford
Lyon
Watmough

Thank god we are only backing up against the raiders.

Kite and Lyon can't play as they played in the Test match, but don't be surprised to see Hicks picked either (he was last year).

I think a fair bit of credit needs to go to the fitness of the side - we are winning games in the second half.

Also defensively we are leaking less points than anyone else.

Go back to 3 years ago when we were scoring 30 points a game but losing by 15 or 20. Big change in mentality.

i would like to see a few more players come along like glenn stewart. He was blooded perfectly for mine, got a few games in and out to get him started, then about 10 games last year so he really knew what was needed.

They should be looking at doing the same with cuthbo and halfa and in the future trembath and offerdahl.

Groom probably needs to be nurtured however playing at hooker each week in PL will help him toughen up as a halfback

We also did have a bloke by the name of Ben Kennedy, unfortunately no longer with us. I think this makes our start all the more remarkable.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4