Cue the Numbnuts ... Vol 2 .. Pay cuts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
This in the telecrap today .... (paraphrased)

Following the 3 Rugby numbnuts that have refused to take a pay cut ... A leading players manager has told clubs his stars may follow suit and refuse to take pay cuts .. which would lead the to becoming free agents ...

While NRL players have agreed to pay cuts ... the players are yet to sign any variation of contract document ... it is believed any agitation would be limited to a small number .. The move would obviously be designed at getting a player to break his contract early and switch clubs either here or overseas ...

Cue the numbnuts and viral players agents ....

PSS ... Why do they say "leading players agent" ... do they ever call someone an "also ran Players agent" ?

Not sure when Rugby will be your and running again but three of the Queensland Reds players have refused to sign and have been told to pack up their stuff and basically **** off.

Numbnuts indeed!!

Not sure when Rugby will be your and running again but three of the Queensland Reds players have refused to sign and have been told to pack up their stuff and basically **** off.

Numbnuts indeed!!

Point is .... players agents and players who are unhappy or in a situation of wanting out for more money may use this as an escape clause ....

It would be almost impossible for the NRL to ban a player for wanting a contract honoured ....

PSS ... Why do they say "leading players agent" ... do they ever call someone an "also ran Players agent" ?
It's the same how when any marginal player from a club that generates media interest does something negative they are "insert club name star player"

I see this within the clubs ability to control. If they all agreed not to sign any player that terminates their contract because they won't take the pay cut, then the only option for those players contemplating it will be the ESL. (Not sure if there are any legal issues with this, but I don't see it as any different to a collective refusal to sign certain players.)

It's a bit different to Rugby, because they Reds players have an international market for their services and can probably get more money outside of Australia anyway.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8