Crystal ball

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Time to put our reputations on the line with some predictions of what is going to happen this year.

My tip for Premiership:  It's a ludicrous one and I hesitate to say they'll go all the way.  But Souths may be in the comp up to their necks.  They could re-define the way the game is played with their monster pack and lightning backs.  The only thing that might negate this is if it is true the interchange is being chopped back to 7.  That might leave some tired gorillas out there for them.

Origin:  Injuries, lack of desire and 2 games in Sydney will see NSW finally snap their losing streak.

Manly's fortunes:  I think we'll putter along.  Might open up something like 3-5 while the halves settle in and we'll be in the dogfight for 8th spot as the season enters the stretch.  We'll finish 7th or 8th and get bundled out in the first week.

Wooden spoon:  Knights.  hehehe

First scandal:  Will probably come out of Cronulla.

Winner - Manly - or Dogs. I think their coach showed plenty in his first year. I think Souths will improve but they don't have the finals experience at this stage.

Origin - NSW, though I don't really care,
Manly - If mainly fit I think we'll be going for top-4, and if we make that we will give it a shake. We will be particularly vulnerable if there are injuries to our halves.
Spoon - Warriors or Knights
Scandal - Knights or Cowboys

Ludicrous indeed!

Premiership : Tigers ( vs Manly) Tigers have finally bought well in an off season..        Sheens last chance

Origin : NSW (please)

Spoon : Cronulla or Canberra

Scandal : Newcastle... just wait for those listening devices to be made public !

Greatest choke : Dragons... again

We'll there or there abouts.  All we needed last year were three of those close losses such as the Warriors, West Tigers or Gold Coast to go our way and we were a top 4 team last year.

SOO - who cares its a nuffy game with little or no pull except for TV ratings.

Wooden spoon - who cares it wont be us.

Controversy - who cares as long as its not us

Do we have the hunger to do a 2008 on the comp this year?  Maybe.  At least I hope so.  We seem to have the squad that can give it a shake as long as the passion is there.

Whilst I don't doubt that Souths will improve this year and make the 8, it's hard to like them for the Premiership when their fate rests in Sandow's hands.

Premiership: Manly to beat Parra or Bulldogs

Premiership Smokey : Panthers, although they will need to stiffen their defence.

2010 Epic Fail : Broncos without KHunt, Hodges, Taylor, Clinton etc won't make the 8

Wooden Spoon: Cronulla.....fingers crossed

Origin: Qld without KHunt, Hodges & Johnson, and Price & 70c / litre a year older and slower will finally struggle. Assuming Bird will play 5/8 for the Blues we should get there 2-1

Scandal : Roosters - Todd Carney won't be able to help himself in the Eastern Suburbs. Also I bet there are a few nervous players who are on speed dial on Danny Wicks' phone ;)

mata, So you think souths 10 year plan is coming together?

Win comp, manly
spoon, Newcastle
next scandal, roosters

Premiership, wide open comp, my money will be sitting on Souths, Tigers and Manly of course. Last years 2 Grand Finalists will be tough

Origin, NSW hopefully, I only have 1 ally over here, luckily she is into boxing so she can clean up the loud mouths haha

Spoon, Warriors. Average pack, poor halves and a terrible game plan revolving around a kick to Vatuvei. Will be very surprised if they improve on last season's efforts

Manly, realistically I think we have the squad to be in contention, but the halves are the unknown quantity. 5th-8th is where I see us at the end of 26 rounds

Scandal, depends which club the telegraphs agenda dart hits, will probably be a major issue such as a player farting in public or something

1/ Hoppa to make his debut on the wing
2/ Manly finish 6 to 8
3/ Seu Seu to be the dark horse player
4/ Foran to sign with the chooks, Trent H to Parra, Manly to sign JT
5/ Kite & Matai to sign for Super League for 2011 (Kite to Bradford to replace Bever)
6/ Choc, Gift to re sign long term
7/ Brett's charges to be dismissed at commital

The Wheel link said:
1/ Hoppa to make his debut on the wing
2/ Manly finish 6 to 8
3/ Seu Seu to be the dark horse player
4/ Foran to sign with the chooks, Trent H to Parra, Manly to sign JT
5/ Kite & Matai to sign for Super League for 2011 (Kite to Bradford to replace Bever)
6/ Choc, Gift to re sign long term

4/ I would hate to see that happen, i would not be willing to loose to great youngsters for one good player. Imagine buyer back those same players in 5 years for double the price.

5/We have Kite contracted untill the end of 2011 but Matai untill the end of this year so its most likely going to be Matai.

Premiership: Bulldogs.
Not far away Storm, Manly, Rabbits.

Origin: NSW, and only because the rift in the Qld camp may be too hard to get over.

Manly's fortunes: 3rd to 5th on ladder. Out week 3 Preliminary Finals.

Spoon: Chooks again. Carney sacked around week 12 and they go in a tailspin. Bookies close betting on all future games.

Major scandal: Cowboys

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=182334.msg250079#msg250079 date=1264567947]
Best prediction I've seen so far. Hopefully not based solely on wishin' and hopin'.
[/quote]

Lets just say an educate guess, the legal system is a hard thing to predict

Quote from: SeaEagleRock8 on Today at 11:22:51 AM
Quote from: The Wheel on Today at 10:52:27 AM
Best prediction I've seen so far. Hopefully not based solely on wishin' and hopin'.

Lets just say an educate guess, the legal system is a hard thing to predict

I think if the complainant goes on with the matter it'll go to a full trial...

Good point OEE. I have to go with the head when Mata puts up these pre-season guesses, but I always have something on the Eagles and will continue to bet right through the season. Go Manly!

Premiership = Bulldogs/Dragons

Smokeys = Manly/Bunnies

Origin = QLD - We are miles apart and Bowralville is in NSW INGLIS.

Manly's fortunes = 6th to 8th - Foran to sign with the Roosters

Spoon = Raiders/Sharks

Major scandal = Gallop gets appointed for another 3 years

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4