Crusher vs Dave Warwick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd like to think that our 20's running first might have a fair bit to do with Warwick than Crusher.

I seem to remember as Crusher left the years following were absolute crap in the 20's.

I think Warwick's job is to spot juniors NOT pick up current players .

So in my view, he's far from " blind as a bat" and in fact is doing a great job!!

Thanks but I was using them more as examples of a young 15-16 being scouted or a 20 year old unknown gem rather then stating Crusher was responsible or not

What I have been told from most clubs they have a group of talent scouts, they get to hear of talented kids from around the place, they then go to watch games including rugby games as well and then report back to recruitment at that club and it goes from there

What I have been told from most clubs they have a group of talent scouts, they get to hear of talented kids from around the place, they then go to watch games including rugby games as well and then report back to recruitment at that club and it goes from there

110% correct, I've met Manlys guy in FNQ.

He finds one, Warwick goes up for a look and it either happens or doesn't from there.

I think the real skill is finding those "fringe" players that will support your superstars. At the end of the day, these are the ones that win you comps. May not have been fringe, but I'm thinking Joe Galuvao, Mark Bryant and Glenn Hall in 2008, even Michael Robbo. These players bring something to a club that isn't so much about playing talent, but experience and reliability. Crusher, I think had an eye for that and geez we need some of it right now.

I think the real skill is finding those "fringe" players that will support your superstars. At the end of the day, these are the ones that win you comps. May not have been fringe, but I'm thinking Joe Galuvao, Mark Bryant and Glenn Hall in 2008, even Michael Robbo. These players bring something to a club that isn't so much about playing talent, but experience and reliability. Crusher, I think had an eye for that and geez we need some of it right now.
Dare i say it thats what melbourne does well And we did too
Our problem is that it looks like we have too many of those kind of players . those players you mentioned were in our top squad when a lot of our forwards were in there prime and playing SOS and Test and they feed off that . at the moment we dont have that kind of forwards in our pack

Dare i say it thats what melbourne does well And we did too
Our problem is that it looks like we have too many of those kind of players . those players you mentioned were in our top squad when a lot of our forwards were in there prime and playing SOS and Test and they feed off that . at the moment we dont have that kind of forwards in our pack
And now it seems more difficult with the number of injuries at so many clubs. It feels like player size and fitness has reached a tipping point where injuries are very likely. Besides not being good for the game, I can't imagine how you'd recruit for that.

Well why did he, tookey?
It was reported that he was made aware of an e-mail from a certain person in management which outlined changes to his role as recruitment manager and he did not like it. I believe that the person who wrote the e-mail is no longer at the club

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6