Crusher ' The Pretender' Cleal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blunty

Reserve Grader

I have always stuck up for this guy, but it really does seem like he has delivered very little to the club.

He continues to ride on the coat tails of discovering Jamie Lyon, I think it is time he got off his arse ad did some junior development.

Our Jersey Flegg are coming 3rd last, and are hardly competitive.

None of the Premier League players that have been given a shot through injuries have shown ANYTHING, and are a major let down. (Excluding Alberts and Matai to a lesser extent.)

At the end of the day depth originates with strong recruitment in the younger age groups, unfortunately Manly have been terrible in these stakes for quite a while now.

I don't know how much Crusher has had to do with the SG Ball team, but at least that has been a success. As long as those guys stick around the club and come through the grades we may see some improvement, but I doubt that Crusher has put a beer down and got down off the soap box for long enough to even have a part in that success.

Opinions?

When is he going to discover a Smith or Lyon for us?

Groom was not a Crsuher discovery, neither is the Ball skipper Zeb somebody. I am pretty sure they are Manly juniors.

I will give him a benefit of the doubt for the time being, it could a case of Manly not having enough money to throw at 15 year olds and their parents as other clubs do. Don't forget this is the first season we have spent our NRL salary cap in a few years.

I would have a hell of a time trying to find anyone if I were in crushers position. Especially when I could be over-ruled by the clubs sponsors.

Groom was not a Crsuher discovery, neither is the Ball skipper Zeb somebody. I am pretty sure they are Manly juniors.

I will give him a benefit of the doubt for the time being, it could a case of Manly not having enough money to throw at 15 year olds and their parents as other clubs do. Don't forget this is the first season we have spent our NRL salary cap in a few years.

yeah money well spent.....give king another upgrade

Blunty - I completely concur mate. I have said so for a long time. Crusher has bought Kane Cleal, Ashley Alberts, Michael Witt & Jim Curtis to this club, whereas he bought Andrew Ryan, Jamie Lyon, Willie Tonga & co. to the Eels. I think this is the club that people come to, to chill, and play care free. I remember Jamie Lyon saying in the press that Manly had a much more "relaxed" approach than Brian Smith, and that is why he'd prefer it here.
They say it takes until the second year for a club to realise it's senior recruitment officers ability. Well, it's coming onto year three, and I see an inept Jersey Flegg, an average Premier League, and a disgraceful 1st grade side.

I also think Blocker Roach should take a good long look at himself. Our forwards are consistently dominated. Even by the smallest pack in the comp. the Tigers. I'd actually like to see him where his passion is, at the Tigers. He himself said he would JUMP at the chance to coach there, but I think Sheens is too militant for him. Roach came to the layed back "whatever" style of football club.
Another point, what idiotic comments by the CEO of the club in the papers to say, if we don't get Mat Orford, we HAVE NO CONTINGENCIES. Pat Wilson - pathetic call in my eyes mate.

time to think outside the square.

we should put any monies left under the cap each year into paying blokes like king NOT TO PLAY.

i would much rather pay king 300k not to play than 200k to play.

and you could tinker with this concept as well.

for example in a game against teams with great bomb kickers like johns you could pay the duck 5k to take the week off or give monaghan a couple of grand to head up the coast when we play a team with up and in defence.

mix and match.worth a thought dessie.

and randall just not to play ever,offer him 2k a week and i bet he would take it.

Hmmm. Interesting. I like the idea. Where do I subscribe to your magazine?

vegas...will yoy be handing out pens again soon?

i really think it could work as long as the cats are earmarked early in the preseason.the competition will be hot for spots but we could employ legend cats of the past like hugh waddell and ian gately as selectors and set aside 1/3 of the cap to pay blokes not to play and 2/3 to play -with maybe 100k set aside for true cats to actually leave the state on the eve of a big game.

Blunty - a bit harsh on Bryant dont you think - he has been close to our best prop recently and considering what we are paying for Kite i think thats a pretty good job.

Otherwiseyou make some good points.

I do remeber manly announcing some flegg players last year - presumbly crushers doing, i wonder how these particulars are going, Sam Keys (or Glen Innes as some idiot on another forum thought) was one.

yes at the cowboys game , as sue said we are having 2500 made so the whole crowd can have one :dance: :dance:

Blunty - a bit harsh on Bryant dont you think - he has been close to our best prop recently and considering what we are paying for Kite i think thats a pretty good job.

Otherwiseyou make some good points.

I do remeber manly announcing some flegg players last year - presumbly crushers doing, i wonder how these particulars are going, Sam Keys (or Glen Innes as some idiot on another forum thought) was one.

Completely forgot about Bryant, I suppose I see him as a first grader now, I agree he has been excellent depth.

I cracked up when I read you writing re: Sam Keys in the brackets, I remember that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm pretty sure he was playing 5/8 in Flegg up until the SG Ball guys became eligible, now he has become somewhat of an invisible force. Groom and Berryman and the likes have taken over.

I suppose you have to remember that Watmough got dropped from his Harold Mats side, and all of a sudden made a leap from Flegg to First Grade in about a year.

People say that the Flegg players are young, but the amount of under 20's in the NRL is astounding, I would be thinking about giving them a shot in the next few years.

Groom should see himself have a run in PL by next year I think.

[quote author=Daniel]

yes at the cowboys game , as sue said we are having 2500 made so the whole crowd can have one :dance: :dance:
[/quote]

better bring a clipboard or two as well!

im releasing a limited edition MM special i had made up in response due to huge fan demand about a month ago.

it doesnt work but for some reason everyone wants one.

I have heard great things about him.

Im all for giving him top billing in PL as burns doesnt seem to have come far.

Clint Halden is another name that i think was one of crushers. from memory he was going ok in PL till he got injured

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4