Crusher in NZ

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
That denizen of accurate reporting, Rebecca Wilson, included in her gossip column today in the Sunday Terror that Crusher Cleal is currently over in the Land of the Long White Cloud, perusing the talent, looking for the next Sonny-Bill or Benji. Apparently he is looking over talent in both Rugby and League.

It's good to see him being proactive.
We don't want him sitting at Jersey Flegg trials alone to select players.
I want to see our next Andrew Ryan, Jamie Lyon, Tim Smith or Nathan Hindmarsh that was produced at Parramatta.

What happened to Graham Lowe's Kiwi acadamy??

Hopefully he can grab a few good ones, the Kiwis seem to be producing the majority of the 'gold plated' juniors these days.

Lowe is busy working on sending the next Kevin Iro to manly.

More karl Johnson's?

I wouldn't mind if he could find us another Adrian Shelford, he was great the one year he played. Also I think he got Ridge as well however his other efforts like Iro, Yorgen Rogers were pretty poor.

the iros were lazy footballers
when they were on they were on but they both tended to go missing in games.

Maybe he is still waiting for Manly to send him over some money to set up the academy?

Yorgen Rogers. Top player.

Also Lowe had Zinzan Brooke signed to a contract,but let him out of the deal.The NZ Rugby Board found out about it and upped their offer to Brooke.He was signed the same time Lowe nabbed Ridge during the All Black trials.He would have been good in a Manly Jersey.The Iro's used to bloody annoy me,both bludging on the blindside..What a waste.

Maybe he is still waiting for Manly to send him over some money to set up the academy?

Yorgen Rogers. Top player.

Could be right there Tookey although I had a feeling it was getting sponsored by someone over there.

You would hardly call Lowes sucess rate at attracting good NZ players to Manly impressive. He had one or two sucesses and a few failures. His coaching record was pretty ordinary as well although he did have his illness at the time. He didn't do much after he left Manly and I aalways thought that he was overrated.

Info on his NZ academy is the sort of info update that should be on MSE. People want to know what is happening with things like this. Any sort of update from management on anything would be useful.

I know that the bulldogs and one other club have taken certain areas of New Zeaaland as their junior development areas and they put promising young NZ players on scholarships.

It comes down to Manly competing against clubs who have unlimited supplies of money to throw at junior players. Even though Crusher is going to New Zealand to try and sign some young players the reality is that most good players have been signed up by other clubs already.

Who nows maybe he will come back with the next Olsen Phillipina or Fred Ah Khoi?

Very true, you would have to imagine that the All Blacks/Super 12 sides would have a pretty good recruitment pools already established. Add that to the Warriors, Dogs etc you would think they have most of the talent already under wraps.

The Big O I could handle but if he comes back with another Yorgen Rogers or Doug Rollinson I will slash my wrists.

Lowe started off well at Manly but fell away badly - maybe it was his illness, I don't know. He did have a team of super stars at Wigan when he built his reputation up.

Who nows maybe he will come back with the next Olsen Phillipina or Fred Ah Khoi?
Just want we want!!!! Players who do nothing and play well in PL except when they pull on the Black Jersey with the Silver Fern and then metamorphize into an angry beast and play off their socks once a year!!!

A couple of HUGe forwards that run like the wind would be good

It would be nice instead of the couple of forwards that we have now who have wind.

or a couple that have the size of Willy Mason, Hands like Lockyer, ball skills of BK, the defence of Cement gillespie Or Terry Randall, a Step like Benji , A footy brain like Joey

or a couple that have the size of Willy Mason, Hands like Lockyer, ball skills of BK, the defence of Cement gillespie Or Terry Randall, a Step like Benji , A footy brain like Joey

Unfortunately the bulldogs already have such a person - his name is Sonny Bill Williams.

SBW also has the knees of Eric Grothe Snr and the shoulders of Paul McCabe, next year will be interesting for him.

Let's hope he does better than Karl Johnson and Dallas Rennie this time.

Was Crusher reading my thread last week about signing up off contract All Black talent?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2