Crusher Cleal:-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Well, with the departure of one BK, Crushers abilities will trully be tested as to who'm he can be replaced with if it all.

We will all see the true test of Crushers ability this year I reckon.

Yes and no - Crusher's brief is heavily weighted towards identifying promising juniors. The fruits of Crusher's involvement will be most likely seen in th emedium term.

Perfect reply. However Cleal has been with Manly a few years now do expect to see results by the beginning of 2008. It's not his role to be replacing Menzies with another Menzies or BK with another BK. Des and co I'd imagine would be looking into this.

burns and matai did we or did we not recruit them while crusher was with us

burns and matai did we or did we not recruit them while crusher was with us

Mate - while Burns is a sound defender, he adds absolutely zero in attack. For people to liken him to Toovey is ludicrous. He's a reserve grader trying his guts out against The Lockyers, Gidleys, Anastas, Marshalls, Thurstons, Suttons, Morris's, Hill's, Smith's, Campbell's, Fien's etc etc. See what I mean? He is by far the worst 5/8 in the comp in attack, but is being looked upon positively because he try's his guts out for Manly, and above his weight / size.

As for Matai - only 2 weeks ago, everyone was saying we need a 2nd centre in the team. He's had one decent game (as has Burns against The Sharks), and everyone is jumping in circles.

That then leads me to players like Jason King. He wracks up say 60 - 70 metres, and everyone get so excited because it's awesome, and he's showing promise. That promise he is showing is in relation to his own poor form. Mark O'mealey made 200+ metres two weeks ago. Can you imagine King EVER doing that? If not, then we are accepting of mediocrity.

Look, the reason I sound concern, is that without BK next year, our players will go back to their lazy, non commited attitude under Des Hasler, renowned for being the most "laid back" coach in the NRL.

BK said at his press conference, that he has seen many a player turn up to the club, just wanting to collect a pay cheque, but that's not what he wants to be.

I think that sums up a lot.

Its only round 7 ,how long until u commit suicide !! I bet your sad on your birthday !!

i thought we were discussing his role in identifying young players to come to the club. Apart from matai that i know of, the rest were already established (Burns lower grade at Cronulla).

i think Des and the club would certainly have had more to do with signing the above mentioned players than Cleal. Kick me if I'm wrong.

Ryan people are "getting excited" as king is averaging 90 - 100m and improving, you will find they wernt as excited when he was making 70m per game which incidently is his lowest - so i guess you pulled 60 - 70 average out of your ass.

Omealy made 200m against souths with a half combo that dont really demand the ball like orford. Inceidently his worst is 58m, so King is far more consistent unlike you.

FFS Ryan , stop being so pessimistic.

We are in the top 8 and are playing good football. I'd be more concerned if I was a Parra or Roosters supporter at the moment.

Your persistent whinging & negativity is pissing me off. I bet if you won $10 million dollars in Powerball , you'd be complaining that your cheque took 3 days to clear. You need to lighten up a bit.

Maybe you should start attending games & supporting your team rather than being so critical all the time. I'll be out at Telstra Stadium on Sunday supporting Manly , maybe you should try & get yourself out there.

Sorry to be critical of you Ryan , & I know you must be a very frustrated man after following the Bears for so many years , but you really need to try & enjoy your football.

btw it's O'Meley ( not O'Mealey )

FFS Ryan , stop being so pessimistic.

We are in the top 8 and are playing good football. I'd be more concerned if I was a Parra or Roosters supporter at the moment.

Your persistent whinging & negativity is pissing me off. I bet if you won $10 million dollars in Powerball , you'd be complaining that your cheque took 3 days to clear. You need to lighten up a bit.

Maybe you should start attending games & supporting your team rather than being so critical all the time. I'll be out at Telstra Stadium on Sunday supporting Manly , maybe you should try & get yourself out there.

Sorry to be critical of you Ryan , & I know you must be a very frustrated man after following the Bears for so many years , but you really need to try & enjoy your football.

btw it's O'Meley ( not O'Mealey )

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree.... you need to lighten up ryan... you'll have a heart attack one of these days!!

Do you have any hair left??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4