Crusher and the junior development

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
I remember reading suggestions that Crusher was crap, wheres the jarrod haynes etc, but slowly in the past 4 years manly have developed kids that are all pushing the nrl squad. Who had heard of wells, jack a, cuthbo, bani, travis, ballin, mauro 2-3 years ago??

We don't have the cash to sign the "superstar" kids but Crusher has brought in kids that are starting to shine. In flegg we signed this year a kid named Junior Palau,a huge 2nd rower who in the 3 games I watched dominated with size, speed and skill. He was at the roosters juniors but got a bad knee injury, he is now with us and heck I haven't seen a kid this size and age with so much potential at manly I thought it usually the dogs etc who have these kids, not us, , it comes back to Crusher and his contacts

i HEARD we have signed a kid from Keebra park QLD, a front rower named Kenny Edwards, all reports he was best forward in australian schoolboy trials in recent matches and possible kiwi 2nd row Lui Tiomani who on all accounts is a kid with the lot

Throw in offerdahl, noxi, trembath and gun halfback Perry from flegg (who plays similiar to Johnsy) and the future looks bright. We are short on backs though, that is my only concern but with stewie, mattai, bell, lyon and orford that prob fills in at least 2-3 seasons so maybe next year we will look for replacements.

Wells is a Broncos Junior.

Jack A was at parramatta just last year.

However your right, it's nice to see a few good tallents come through.

it was ballin was a bronco junior, but the thread was more about the unknowns that have come thru, in the future we cant keep forking out 400 grand for superstars, the glenn stewies etc are the life blood

Premier League:-
11th - 8 wins.....12 losses.....1 draw......2 byes.........21 points

Jersey Flegg:-
8th - 9 wins.........10 losses.....2 draws....2 byes........24 points

SG Ball:-
10th - 2 wins........6 losses......0 draws.....0 byes.......4 points

Harold Matthews:-
6th - 5 wins..........3 losses......0 draws......0 byes.....10 points

-------------------------------------------------------------

That's probably a truer picture of how our junior grades are going Dazza. How would you really rate that?

1. Outstanding?
2. Valued Contribution?
3. Average?
4. Needs Improvement
5. Poor?

I think it's at best a 4 on Crushers scorecard. He's been here 3 years straight.

Wells was a dogs junior and Ballin Broncos, either way we have developed them into first graders, not sure who was responisible for getting them to the club though.

Premier League:-
11th - 8 wins.....12 losses.....1 draw......2 byes.........21 points

Jersey Flegg:-
8th - 9 wins.........10 losses.....2 draws....2 byes........24 points

SG Ball:-
10th - 2 wins........6 losses......0 draws.....0 byes.......4 points

Harold Matthews:-
6th - 5 wins..........3 losses......0 draws......0 byes.....10 points

-------------------------------------------------------------

That's probably a truer picture of how our junior grades are going Dazza. How would you really rate that?

1. Outstanding?
2. Valued Contribution?
3. Average?
4. Needs Improvement
5. Poor?

I think it's at best a 4 on Crushers scorecard. He's been here 3 years straight.

Recruitment is all about bringing players through to first grade. Who won PL and Flegg over the last two years? (Who cares?)

Good lower grades feed the first grade side and that must be our priority, given our budget. Two years ago, had we had Beaver, Matai and Orford out we would have been whipped and yet this year there has been the next tier of players ready to step in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7