Crusher: Agony could have been avoided

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is it part of Des' defence that the people that followed him say that they were not pressured or asked by him to go? What else are they gonna say? Sheesh!!!

He called them "Manly People" but he should stop doing that now that they are all "Dogs"

I'm not sure why it is a problem that Perry would say he leads the contract negotiations, he is the boss. It is common when large contracts are in question that "the boss" gets involved - I am certain that Greenberg does the same and am sure I have read articles supporting that. Sounding more and more like precious petals.

Bet the dogs love the part where he refers to those going to the dogs as Manly people.

Bye Bye Crusher....You are a DOG now....you go and lay in your kennel with the other traitors.

"We are Manly people but we are professionals. Like everybody, we have to pay the bills." I'm sure he said he could earn more money at our club.

You people are unbelivebale.

5 weeks ago Des and crusher were gods on the northen beaches and now you all can't wait for them to leave. Has there ever been a more sucessful time in the clubs history than when these 2 were in charge?

Read the article. It is clear that both Des and crusher wanted to stay but were forced out by the actions of certain board members. They should hang their heads in shame today as should all of you who are bagging them both.

I will await your comments in the new couple of years when the dogs hold up the premiership trophy.

You sending those sentiments on to Ken Arthurson as well ?

tookey said:

5 weeks ago Des and crusher were gods on the northen beaches and now you all can't wait for them to leave. Has there ever been a more sucessful time in the clubs history than when these 2 were in charge?

Read the article. It is clear that both Des and crusher wanted to stay but were forced out by the actions of certain board members. They should hang their heads in shame today as should all of you who are bagging them both.

I will await your comments in the new couple of years when the dogs hold up the premiership trophy.

So I take it that Greenberg won't be negotiating with any player at the bulldogs. It will be just Des and Cleal?

tookey said:

Well why don't they tell us exactly what went down? So maybe change can occur?

The way they've gone about it is clearly not going to help the situation at all. 4 days after the Grand Final. They've shat in every supporter's mouth; it's no wonder they're copping it from fans, and the real issues at Board level are going unnoticed because these two won't put their real reasons forward.

Ohh no, the COO wants to conduct contract negotiations.

WAMF said:
So I take it that Greenberg won't be negotiating with any player at the bulldogs. It will be just Des and Cleal?

I made the same point earlier - In fact I remember Greenberg was heavily involved in negotiations when Hannant went to the club. Sounds more like an excuse to me

tookey said:

It look them 5 years to work their plan at Manly, the Dogs wont wait that long.

If they dont win in 2012 (which they wont because they have a crap team) 2013 or 2014 they will be sacked and accused of being Manly scum who took their money.

Its called "The Canterbury Way" ask Kevin Moore and Steve Folkes how it works.

Crusher states interference as a reason why he left

If the clubs recruitment / results went south would the board be held responsible? I say no. We have lost the most successful coaching team in recent years and the board is not accountable.

Poor management created the situation we are in(even it was initially giving Des and Crusher too much control)

Yes Des could handle it better but i refuse to believe such a mass defection could have resulted if there was not inherit dissatisfaction

All this seems to me to be a way of justifying actions that I think they may already be regretting.

I'm going to the dogs because this person or that person did this etc etc etc.

I would have stayed but this person or that person didn't do such and such.

Just go quietly boys and I do mean QUIETLY and don't let the door hit you on your bums on the way out.

I'm well over you all.

What's that old saying? 'If you sleep with dogs you may wake up with fleas.'

Cleal may have been the recruitment manager,but who signs the contract?The player and him,or the player and the COO?I would have thoought that the COO signed anything to do with players $$$s.

Leaving Des and Crusher to have total control of recruitment also lead to the alleged get-out clauses in some players contracts, this is why senior management should have some involvement in the process.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8