Crucial player talks next week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Monday shapes as a crucial day for the Sea Eagles with leading player manager George Mimis planning to hold talks with the club over the future of star players Anthony Watmough, Jamie Lyon and young Kieran Foran.

Lyon is poised to sign a new three-year deal while Mimis brushed off continuing speculation linking Watmough to Melbourne.

"I'm not prepared to comment on unfounded rumours. We have had extensive dialogue with Manly over the past month about Anthony," Mimis said.

Source Daily Telegraph

Didn't know that Foran had aligned with Mimis.... Half of the guys on Manly's books (probably more) are represented by Mimis!

How many agents are there?  I can't think of that many apart from...
Beavis, Mimis, Orr and Banaghan.  And then you have some really small guys with a couple of clients i guess?

Strange that they are holding talks on Monday without our new CEO who I believe will be in a CEO's conference? 

"http://www.nrl.com/portals/0/playeraccreditation/Accredited_Player_Agent_List.html"

There are almost as many pipers as there are mice. That is 78 accredited player managers for 16 teams and (allowing say 35 players per team) covering a pool of around 560 players. I hope many are looking after other sports because it would be a lean dinner plate in some houses.

Tooks, would it mainly be Crusher that would negotiate terms? I hear Penn has been doing a bit of it to?

I honestly don't know.

If you listened to Lowes interview today, he mentioned he's currently not doing anything but coaching an under 6 team, so you'd maybe think his understanding of the value of a player would be a little out of whack right now.

In the interview, they also asked him what business experience he had. He kind of bumbled, and mumbled for about a minute or so, and ended up saying something along the lines of.....'uummmm, I kinda go to whichever large corporate has problems...ummmm..kinda like contracting work, yeah, that's what I'm doing, contracting....

LoL

Here it is for your enjoyments lads n laddettes:-
http://www.skysportsradio.com.au/media/podcasts/mediafiles.php?pid=1

There are some real worries I have here. But at the same time, some of the things he says are quite endearing.

Ryan link said:
Tooks, would it mainly be Crusher that would negotiate terms? I hear Penn has been doing a bit of it to?

Crusher never negotiates contracts.  In fact he never answers his phone to player managers.

Steve Gigg does the negotiating.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6