Crowe's man-love stuns Bunnies (non Manly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22185696-2,00.html

SOUTHS' tough men headed by John Sattler say they were stunned by Oscar winner Russell Crowe's attempt to revive the club by telling players he loved them.

"It's a lot of bulls..t," Sattler said.

Crowe singled out forward Dean Withers for a hug at a player love-in early in the season.

"I love you mate because I feel when I shake your hand that I am somehow touched by your heart," he says in a television documentary beginning next week.

Souths stars who lived through eras when physical force rather than love was the weapon of choice were stunned.

"Imagine me walking up to John O'Neill (another Souths iron man) and saying I loved him and giving him a hug," Sattler said.

"He'd run. We had coaches like Clive Churchill and Bernie Purcell.

"They never said they loved us even when we won four premierships."

Crowe's speech to the players is part of a six-part series called South Side Story starting on the ABC at 8pm on Tuesday.

It details the tumult at Souths as Crowe and Peter Holmes a Court secured 75 per cent of the votes to win control of the foundation club.

Sattler, former team manager Alan Jones, players, coaches and supporters of the takeover all have their say.

Jones, opposed to the deal, says the $3 million paid was too cheap.

Another Souths legend George Piggins, who led the fight to get the club reinstated in the premiership, declined to be interviewed.

Test forward Gary Stevens said he met Crowe this week for the first time and found him very genuine.

"It's probably harmless to be saying 'I love you' but it seems strange," he said.

Crowe says his support of Souths dates back decades and his push to take over the club was sparked by a request for $100,000 to pay wages.

I saw a clip on the footy show the other night where he was saying that to Widders.

He dead set looked like he was acting. But I don't really see a problem with it.

Its clear that he's just trying to get the blokes to bond by showing they have respect for each other.

He's not asking them to jump into bed together. Its just a beat up.

mata i love you brother
when i read your posts
im touched deep down below in a way i havent been touch since i caught herpes :yeah:

I have to say I am pretty keen to see this series. Wish there was one on Manly.

mata i love you brother
when i read your posts
im touched deep down below in a way i havent been touch since i caught herpes :yeah:

POST OF THE SEASON CLIFFY!!1 :clap: :clap:

mata i love you brother
when i read your posts

Given our respective girths I didn't realise we could get within a bull's roar of each other. ;)

All the love in the world isn't going to help the bunnies if they don't tackle and stay committed when the hard work needs to be done. They had absolutely everything to play for and got smashed by the wooden spooners.

The bunnies are driven by egos and like all overinflated ones, sink when their exposed ti a bit of heat. I hope the panthers et al keep winning and souths run last.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4